logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Downloader and Databases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Oak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44    Post subject: Auto Downloader and Databases Reply with quote

Our PW is having a major issue, and I hope someone can help as I am at my wits end. We have been using NWNX4 and the native DB without a problem until the auto downloader. In tests without the ADL everything works fine. With the ADL however, the system will write to the DB, but will not read it. I have been told that we should switch to SQL. I did get NWNX4 to talk to the SQLite DB, but my MOD refuses and still does the native DB, I changed all the settings in PC Tools, but that did not work ether. Please, anyone have any ideas, I am out of them at this point
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55    Post subject: Re: Auto Downloader and Databases Reply with quote

Silver Oak wrote:
I did get NWNX4 to talk to the SQLite DB, but my MOD refuses and still does the native DB

What do you mean by this? What exactly is happening that brings you to this conclusion?

If what you describe is actually happening, then you still have scripts written/configured incorrectly, regardless of any settings you've changed. I'd like to be sure before we get into troubleshooting scripts.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Silver Oak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the demo mod that came with the NWNV4 to see if i confiqured it correctly, it it said we did. I then went into PC tools and changed what it said about using NWNX DB. After we tried in game test, we learned it was still writing the data to the Native DB. Bottom line, I do not care which works, as long as it does.

Thanks
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still inclined to blame an issue with the scripts. I don't know what the PC Tools scripts look like, but if you changed the setting in an include, you need to make sure you recompiled all scripts using it. That's the first thing that comes to mind, but we can dig deeper if necessary.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Silver Oak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inclined to agree with you about the scripts. I did compile them before testing. I do not mind using the old way, but cannot figure why they write to them, but not read them. That happened after the ADL.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea on that front either, but the campaign DB code is known to be extremely quirky (that's the polite way of putting it). In general, I'd recommend switching to MySQL anyway.

The best place to get help might be the #nwn2cr IRC channel (server irc.nwn2source.net). During peak times (mid to late evenings US Eastern), there will usually be multiple people who can help you, and a lot faster than going back and forth on forums.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: