logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Base Classes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 14:21    Post subject: Custom Base Classes Reply with quote

Couldn't find a mention of this and I thought I'd post it up as I'm currently trying to find the cause of custom base classes being unselectable in the standard character creator via OllyDbg (as they're greyed out until an in-game level).

Has anyone made any progress on this already that I should be aware of before wracking my brain for the next few days? I can't find much mention of the subject anywhere! Embarassed
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I'd say you're fighting a losing battle trying to change something as deeply hardcoded as the base classes. That said, based on a quick look, 0x00531891 is a point of interest.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Xerean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The classes themselves are done, but I've been using the method of using an existing class for level 1, and then allowing players to pick one of the other classes on level up. It works, but it's just... awkward, so I figured I'd take a look at what was preventing them from being chosen in the first place, despite being fairly new to this whole deal. I tend to catch on quick. Wink
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the approach I've always seen used. It is, of course, possible to modify the class taken at first level after the fact, if you're not averse to .bic editing.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Xerean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I'd give this a go, and if it doesn't work I'll look into the LetoScript method as a fallback. Very Happy

Currently just using the standard 1 Prelevel and then taking the extra classes which means players are level 11 in the end! Razz

The last I heard you had to kick a character out of the game (or have them re-log) to make direct edits to their file? Or is this changed for removing classes from a character?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used nwnx_funcs personally, but it does have SETCLASSBYPOSITION and SETCLASSLEVEL, which look promising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: