logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LinuxVaultster - Released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasmaJohn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 18:37    Post subject: LinuxVaultster - Released Reply with quote

Source only release. I will not provide binaries.
http://www.projectplasma.com/NWN/linux-vaultster-1.0.0.tar.gz

README.LinuxVaultster wrote:
Vaultster for Linux
===================

The Linux version of the Vaultster plugin is completely out of date. I started by trying to port the existing Windows version, but it was too closely tied to the Windows API. I then documented the protocol and rewrote it in (more) portable code using Boost (with the glaring exception of the directory searching bits).

All support for the GET command was removed. The existing Win32 code base blocks it after the connection has been established, this version returns failure immedately.

The server (receiver) is now standalone. It never made sense to me why it should be tied to a module and vice-versa where a crash in one affected the other.

The plugin is located in plugins/vaultster
The server is located in vaultster-serv

You'll need the following to compile:

Blowfish
    blowfish.cpp
    blowfish.h
    blowfish.h2

Those three files can be found in the nwnx-win32 repository under Vaultster. You may need to dos2unix them. You'll need to copy them to both vaultster-serv/ and plugins/vaultster/.

Boost
    boost::asio,
    boost::system,
    boost::program_options
    boost::thread

Boost 1.34.1 (the default for Ubuntu 8.04) is too old. 1.35 works and I've been told that the 8.10 (Jaunty) versions will install on Hardy.
elven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have merged this into core-2.8 and both the plugin and the server component are being built by CI now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: