logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could use some help setting up a PW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazarus Magni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45    Post subject: Could use some help setting up a PW. Reply with quote

I have been trying to look into whether hosting a NWN PW is possible for me. Currently I seem to be stuck on setting up the MySQL database. Can any one point me to a tutorial on how to do this, and/or how to set up and run a PW in general? Sorry for being vauge, but I am not sure what info I need to supply to be helpfull.

To give you an idea of where I am at.

I have the mods I want to host. I have nwnX installed, and the associated plugins, including the database. Everything seems good, except when I run the demo mod for the data base I dont get a test result value.

This error seems abundant in the log:
! SQL Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I am assuming that is because I dont have MySQL set up right? Any help would be appreciated.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 14:01    Post subject: ini issues Reply with quote

The problem appears to reside inside your nwnx.ini

Please post the contents just so we can confirm.

Please make sure that you have got a ; at the begining of every line inside the ODBC section
EXCEPT
the mySQL Section

eg - ; is used to comment out lines.
If you are using the MYSQL settings, you do not need to specify data source name etc, you need only supply the mySQL address, username, password, and database name.

Anything else is redundant.
Lazarus Magni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the response. I believe you were on to something there, as I did not have the ini set up right at that time as I did not have the ; removed from infront of those lines.

Here is my current nwnx.ini (with the server name, ip, ect removed for the sake of this post):

; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = XYZ
ModuleName = XYZ
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 5
WatchdogGamespy = yes
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 90
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 5

[ODBC2]
; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these five settings for MySQL connections
source = mysql
server = XYZ
user = XYZ
pwd = XYZ
db = XYZ

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

[PROFILER]
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 1 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script callstack

Between my last post here, and now, I have found a host who has set up the MySQL database for me, and fixed my ini. I am no longer at this time trying to host it locally, however it would be handly to be able to do so for testing purposes, rather than having to upload content to the server every time I want to test things.

Locally though I have not set up a MySQL database though (since I don't know how).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: