logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRC compiler - Linux version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19    Post subject: PRC compiler - Linux version Reply with quote

Hey all. I've lost the source, but apparently I ported the PRC compiler to Linux about a year ago, put the source Somewhere, then forgot all about it. Anyway, I was just wondering if there's any call for a standalone Linux compiler, or if someone has done something better? I think it works with NWN 1.69, everything seems to compile, but I'll have to do a test run just to make sure.

As a bit of background, we came up with a crazy idea: to automate module builds. You'd create assets like areas, items, etc. in the toolset, then add this stuff to one or more git repositories (multiple if some developers need less access). Then nwn-lib ruby scripts would build a module. The only trouble is, we didn't have a compiler, and scripts are the chief beneficiary from something like this. Then I remembered that we probably did have a compiler.

Edit: I might have found the source. Just need to check it's the right one.
Paul R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got the source (or at least two of the versions out there) and started porting SkyWing's Windows version updates to it which will be completed when RL permits Smile

You could also build the mod using simple scripts and the erf.linux tool, that's how we build our mod. Or you could have a base empty mod and use the areas and resman to populate it (depending on what access and versions running).

The only snag I guess is that you could end up with a set of scripts that builds using the PRC compiler but will not compile on Windows after (if that is what you want) unless you use the NWNTX compiler override.

As for alternatives there was a JIT mentioned but I've not looked at that so couldn't comment.

Paul
Lokey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, we do that, if you'd like a bash build script with some checks and junk, I can post it. We also have win build/disassemble bats as well that are trivially adaptable to anything.

We're using elven's version of prc (all works except for optimization and one of the item prop functions) with erf compiled on lin (source is in the vault package). Or you could staple on the ant build project stuff, we have some stuff for that that is known working but the two people we have around here that can figure out what's going on with it are awol--which sucks as they do things similar to virus' web build tools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: