logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing PCs in-game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aradan Kir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:02    Post subject: Editing PCs in-game Reply with quote

Looking for a way to edit PC details in-game, which permanently changes their servervault file with the new details.

I've looked briefly at the Leto plugin, but this seems to require the PC to be booted in order to write the file details. I've also looked at nwnx_funcs, which has some very useful functions, but I'm not sure it will do everything I'd ideally like.

If it's possibly, I'd like to be able to edit things like:

~ Name
~ Skin colour
~ Head type (ie the shape of it)
~ Tattoos
~ Description
~ Wings / Tail
~ Deity
~ Race
~ Gender
~ Voiceset

ie ... basically pretty much everything you can do when you first create a PC. All of the above being editable isn't essential, but the more the better! Smile

If anyone has any suggestions for where to start, or a module that has this sort of thing in that I can "borrow" from and adapt as needed - that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks
Ravine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:56    Post subject: Re: Editing PCs in-game Reply with quote

Aradan Kir wrote:
Looking for a way to edit PC details in-game, which permanently changes their servervault file with the new details.

I've looked briefly at the Leto plugin, but this seems to require the PC to be booted in order to write the file details. I've also looked at nwnx_funcs, which has some very useful functions, but I'm not sure it will do everything I'd ideally like.

If it's possibly, I'd like to be able to edit things like:

~ Name
~ Skin colour
~ Head type (ie the shape of it)
~ Tattoos
~ Description
~ Wings / Tail
~ Deity
~ Race
~ Gender
~ Voiceset

ie ... basically pretty much everything you can do when you first create a PC. All of the above being editable isn't essential, but the more the better! Smile

If anyone has any suggestions for where to start, or a module that has this sort of thing in that I can "borrow" from and adapt as needed - that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hmm. For player names, you have to use nwnx_names plugin afaik (no idea how stable is that).
Heads/tattoos/etc can be changed by SetCreatureBodyPart nwscript function - modelchanger, what do you mean 'shape'?
Color - SetColor nwscript func
Deity - SetDeity nwscript func
Race - SetRacialType nwnx_funcs (it says do not use on PC's, but works good afaik, i use it in my subrace system)
Gender - huh...there is a SetGender func in nwnx_funcs, but probably it won't change the appearance-type automatically
Voice - nwnx_funcs, SetSoundset probably, never tried it
Description - SetDescription nwscript func

Anyway, almost everything can be changed now (like cleric domains, portraits, wizard schools, feats and so on).

Rav
Aradan Kir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so looks like nwnx_funcs is the way to go with this, coupled with some default built-in things.

Oh and re "shape" i meant merely the head type - you know, like bearded, with a hat on, orc head etc. I have found some scripts which do some of these things, but wondered if there was an all-inclusive system someone had already put together. No need to reinvent the wheel if some kind soul has already gone to the time and trouble for everyone! Smile
Sethan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX Names is probably not what is wanted here - that is for dynamically changing PC names based on the viewer (it is also linux server only atm)

Letoscript or possibly NWNX_funcs can be used to change the bic, but that also requires the Player be booted from the server so the changes can be made.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letoscript or (if you have Linux) nwnx_ruby with nwn-lib are your only option for some of those. Names must be done like that - the nwnx_names plugin is only temporary. While nwnx_funcs does have a SetGender function, we tried that for an april fool's joke and discovered that people had to relog for it to take effect.

If you need someone to relog, use PortalPC, not BootPC. It has the same effect (leave and rejoin) but the player doesn't have to rejoin manually.
maddogfargo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of this can be done in-game via scripting. Check out the Appearance Modder (Originally by Scarface?) used in Realms of Netheria (Im currently hosting this under ACTION category)

I'd be happy to share the scripts/convos with you if you contact me with an e-mail address.

Some of the other changes you want to do may require use of the Leto plugin or Names plugin, as mentioned by earlier responders.

PS - The Appearance modder is through the portal room, off to one side of the Legendary Portal. Look for the purple floor arrows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: