logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

storing/retreiving object ok in sqlite but not mysql

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky Day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:52    Post subject: storing/retreiving object ok in sqlite but not mysql Reply with quote

Noob here on using SQL databases with NWN (always used persistent objects on the character instead). I was looking for a similar topic but I can't find it. Maybe you can point me in the right direction if this has been asnwered before.

In the aps_demo module I can get the sqlite DB to store and retrieve an object fine but not with mysql.

I'm using mysql 5.5.8 on Win7 x64. Retrieving a variable works fine in mysql. Viewing the table in sqliteCC looks fine but in mysql there's a lot of junk in there, at least from the command line (here it is from phpMyAdmin)

player tag name val expire last
    ~ Chest1 Item_0 [BLOB - 1.7KiB] 0 2011-08-06 16:12:24
    ~ Chest1 Item_1 [BLOB - 1.8KiB] 0 2011-08-06 16:12:24
    ~ Chest1 Item_2 [BLOB - 2.9KiB] 0 2011-08-06 16:12:24

sqlite looks identical but it says UTI V3.28 under va

I've updated to Zebranky's versions but the same issue is happening. Is there a problem with the create table in the demo mod?

thanks
Terra_777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken "blobs" are regarded as files in MySQL and requires global file privileges for the user handling them. You could also change the variable type to TEXT(or LONGTEXT), could work if you don't feel like tossing file privs around.

Quote:
ALTER TABLE 'tablename' CHANGE 'columnname' 'columnname' LONGTEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL

"LONGTEXT" in this statement is the variable type you want. If you're specifying a variable that requires a length you do that with brackets. IE VARCHAR(123).
Lucky Day

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for getting back to me.

I'm giving NWNX root for the time being to avoid security problems.

in demo_obj_create I changed the type from a blob to a LONGTEXT but got the same result.

Code:

// For MySQL

/*
    SendMessageToPC(GetLastUsedBy(), "Creating Table 'pwobjdata' for MySQL...");
    SQLExecDirect("CREATE TABLE pwobjdata (" +
        "player varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "tag varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "val blob," +
        "expire int(11) default NULL," +
        "last timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP," +
        "PRIMARY KEY  (player,tag,name)" +
        ") ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;");
     */

SendMessageToPC(GetLastUsedBy(), "Creating Table 'pwobjdata' for MySQL...");
    SQLExecDirect("CREATE TABLE pwobjdata (" +
        "player varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "tag varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~'," +
        "val LONGTEXT," +
        "expire int(11) default NULL," +
        "last timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP," +
        "PRIMARY KEY  (player,tag,name)" +
        ") ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;");

the logs don't show an error

Code:

o Got request: CREATE TABLE pwobjdata (player varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~',tag varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~',name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '~',val LONGTEXT,expire int(11) default NULL,last timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,PRIMARY KEY  (player,tag,name)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='Chest1' AND name='Item_0'
o Sent response (0 bytes):
o Got request (scorco): INSERT INTO pwobjdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','Chest1','Item_0',~s,0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='Chest1' AND name='Item_1'
o Got request (scorco): INSERT INTO pwobjdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','Chest1','Item_1',~s,0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='Chest1' AND name='Item_2'
o Got request (scorco): INSERT INTO pwobjdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','Chest1','Item_2',~s,0)
o Got request (scorco): SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='Chest1' AND name='Item_0'

I can manually type in " SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='Chest1' AND name='Item_0';" from the mysql command and I get what looks like a legitimate response.

I've used both versions of the demo_obj_loadval code (here's the first if you haven't memorized it by now)

Code:

int iItem;
    int bContinue = TRUE;
    object oCreated;
    object oChest1 = GetObjectByTag("Chest1");
    object oChest2 = GetObjectByTag("Chest2");

/* Method 1: GetPersistentObject
     * Use this method for simplicity.
    */

while (bContinue)
    {
        oCreated = GetPersistentObject(oChest1, "Item_" + IntToString(iItem), oChest2);
        if (!GetIsObjectValid(oCreated))
            bContinue = FALSE;
        else
            iItem++;
    }

it looks like RetreiveCampaignObject creates an object type from the information then? Am I right in saying there's some issue between StoreCampaignObject and RetreiveCampaignObject?

(I'm going to assume the val type BLOB and TEXT/LONGTEXT doesn't matter as NWN reads all info as text?)

It would be nice to confirm inside NWN the results of what RetrieveCampaignObject came back with in text and not just an object.

Where would be the difference then with how SQLite stores and retrieves object data compared MySQL since SQLite works? Is there possibly a corruption?

thanks
Lucky Day

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it at work on my Win7 32 bit machine and I get the same results

No errors in the logs. Text value is fine; its the object that's not being read problem.

Is there a problem with the source code I'm using? I used the ODBC2 on the downloads at this site and tried it, then updated it with Zerbanky's with the same result.
maddogfargo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I used mySQL so all I can suggest is this basic check:

Verify the config settings for NWNx, mySQL and in your module scripts are all set correctly and any timeouts or size limitations are large enough to allow full storage of the object.

Verify the account running NWN & NWNx has rights to the mySQL database.

Sorry, that's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: