logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accessing generated hotkey information?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49    Post subject: Accessing generated hotkey information? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to both NWscript and NWNX, but I know enough to know I can't find a way to access hotkey information for a conversation choice higher than 10. I want to use ShadowM's HR DM TOOLS system for my modules, and I have a razer naga (edit: meant to say nostromo, though I also have a naga) I can use to macro through the menu to access functions with single keypresses. But as far as I have found I can't access any menu item higher than 10.

My guess is that NWN generates a hotkey for the conversation choice. I was directed here by ShadowM to solve this issue - can NWNX manipulate this information and, through outside macroing, call those conversation choices ingame? And, being completely new to this, can anyone direct me to where I would get started?

Last edited by Sarcose on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14; edited 1 time in total
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The client-side code figures out which hotkey to assign based on the order that dialog items were specified by the server. I don't think there's any way for the server to influence the client code to add new hotkeys for items beyond the first 10, at least not without some client-side modifications like NWNCX for NWN1 (or CE for NWN2).
Sarcose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the main point is for hotkeys for me to use - just some way to jump through menus that I can macro to an outside device (Razer Nostromo I meant. My naga is used for other more basic stuff).

Addendum: Maybe I'll talk to the HR DMTOOLS creator about making a version that is macro friendly which uses 1-10 trees only and extensive [more] options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: