logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Solved] Problems installing NWNX from SVN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 0:35    Post subject: [Solved] Problems installing NWNX from SVN Reply with quote

Hey, guys. I'd used nwnx_easy to get everything up and running. Then my box crashed while updating Ubuntu, so I had to wipe everything and start over. Fireboar's link to nwnx_easy is now dead, so I'm trying to compile everything from SVN. It's not working, so I'm tearing my hair out.

I'm using Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS (32 bit), and I have NWN installed at /opt/nwn.

I ran
Code:
sudo apt-get install autoconf make build-essential gcc g++ zlib1g-dev libmysqlclient16 libmysqlclient-dev

and then downloaded the repository to /opt/nwn.

When I ran ./install.sh, this is what I got:
Code:
sh: Can't open ./configure
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
mv: cannot stat `./nwnx2.so': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `./plugins/*/*.so': No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
NWNX has been compiled. Look in the 'compiled' directory for the libraries - these should be copied into your NWN directory. Change NWNX2.ini and nwnstartup.sh to match your server's settings.

The compiled folder contains only nwnstartup.sh, nwnx2.ini, and nwnx2.so. None of the plugin *.so's are present.

I have no idea what to do, and a search of the forums is not turning up any answers. Suggestions?

EDIT: Figured it out. I needed to run
Code:
autoconf configure.ac > configure
chmod +x configure
./configure --prefix=/opt/nwn
before ./install.sh.

Would be nice if the installation instructions told you that, but I don't see other people complaining, so I guess my system is behaving differently than most.

Last edited by Squatting Monk on Sat Jan 28, 2012 23:31; edited 1 time in total
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new problem now. I got the plugins to compile and moved them to my install folder, set up nwnx2.ini and nwnstartup.sh, and then ran ./nwnstartup.sh. This is what I got:
Code:
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build:8109
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004

Server: Loading...
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "Development - S&S Core".....
Server: Module loaded

The module launches with no problem, but none of the plugins even try to load. No NWNX-specific logs are generated or anything. Sad

Soo... yeah. Ideas?
eeriegeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd...

The first lines you get out of the boot process (before the official NWN messages) when the nwnx2.so dynamic library is prelinked should look like this...

Code:

NWNX2lib: Init
NWNX2lib: org SetString() at 0x81f41b4, new SetString() at 0x1635e0
NWNX2lib: org GetObj() at 0x81f40bc, new GetObj() at 0x163607
* Parsing configuration...
NWN Extender v2.7.1-dev

Maybe start with making sure nwnx2.so, nwnx2.ini, and nwnstartup.sh are all really in your nwn directory and readable. nwnstartup.sh should contain a line like this right before the nwserver program is started.

Code:

export LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so

Any additional plugins are loaded automatically when they are present in the NWN main directory.

Maybe you could post here which branch you are using from svn (trunk?) if its still not working.
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly me. I set up an unprivileged user to run NWN, even when it's launched from my normal, sudo-enabled user. But since I downloaded and built the repository with my normal user, the one launching the server couldn't execute the *.so files. Fixed that and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help, eerie. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: