logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some module isn't releasing for reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37    Post subject: Some module isn't releasing for reset Reply with quote

We're on 32bit buntu 10.04 with most nwnx modules (elven's compiles mostly, most are the Oct or Nov versions when something interesting to us went in), we've been hitting intermittent inability to reset with the reset module (kill -9 does work). Tends to hit in early morning hours US eastern when we have few people on. Nothing obvious in the logs, core dump at http://wikisend.com/download/706856/ns_serv_core_dump.tar.bz2 (~40MB)

Anyone have any ideas?
elven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without having looked at the dump, what nwnx plugins are you running?
Lokey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Events, fixes, funcs, functions, hashset, leto, odbc, profiler (inactive usually), reset. Acaos' net override. File date stamps are all from June, but pretty sure I updated some last fall/winter.
elven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have your binaries, so I can only hazard a guess. Are you running trunk or core-2.8? How exactly did that stack trace come about? You sent kill() and it crashed?

The stack trace at least according to the symbols I have, conked out somewhere related to nwnx_funcs -> GetAbilityIncreaseByLevel(). But that's probably not the cause. Looks like some read on mysql hangs in another thread, too.
Lokey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attached gdb and took a core dump. (generate-core-dump I think)

Not sure about what's consistently the same. Wanted something new or fixed in either funcs or events, might have been another one.

It'd nwnx-easy compiled on that server with the exception of what I grabbed from you (core I imagine).

GetAbilityIncreaseByLevel() isn't something we'd specifically use, unless it doesn't do what it says on the tin Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: