logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX GDBM Plugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeriegeek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39    Post subject: NWNX GDBM Plugin Reply with quote

This is a fairly straight-forward NWNX plugin I wrote while figuring out the plug-in api. It's a binding to the GNU GDBM file based hashed key-value database. There is probably a limited scope of use for this before someone would want to migrate to an RDBMS but it seems like it would be useful enough in some situations to post here. There's a readme file with more details in the release and in my git branch. Basically, it works like the Bioware campaign database, but with some of the larger problems like limited key size and variable type collision fixed. It's also a fair bit faster. I have not figured out how to build in object support without stealing the SCO/RCO hooks from odmbc so I've left that out for now. It has full support for String, Int, Float, Vector, and Location. It has both autoconf and cmake files, so it works fine in trunk-2.7-dev or core-2.8 builds. It's safe to build and use along side other database methods.

GIT Repository here: https://github.com/eeriegeek/nwnx2-linux/tree/core-2.8/plugins/gdbm

The package as a .tar.gz file here: http://www.isleclostridia.net/nwnx/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: