logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpha plugin: nwnx_spells
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
futts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that you guys are missing the point entirely, but there is no use in arguing when two sides are set in their ways. The only thing that those who object to this can do is ask to be notified when they are downloading something onto their PC that is illegal, and make it perfectly clear at the download site. I fear the can of worms that this may open.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as that goes:
virusman wrote:
It's illegal by the EULA, but it's fine by unofficial Bioware policies (as long as the modifications add features, not exploits).
Anyway, if there will be a client-side NWNX, it will work the same way as server-side NWNX - without any modifications to the NWN executables.

vman hits the nail on the head. TECHNICALLY, anyone who has ever used NWNX, nevermind developed for it, has broken the letter of the EULA. It really doesn't matter, though, because the people responsible for enforcing it have welcomed NWNX with open arms, and gone out of their way to help. I'd expect they would at least be accepting of a similar client-side endeavor, as long as (like vman said) it enhances the game rather than detracting from it.

If you want to worry about the letter of the EULA, though, it looks to me like you'd be in the clear receiving and using a modified copy. Of course, the NWVault might get shut down if they hosted it. Wink

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, leave the lawyering to the lawyers. EULA violations aren't 'illegal', they're a breach of contract. NWNX itself is such a breach, and bioware has actively supported it. The question isn't whether this is a breach - it clearly is - but whether bioware's legal team is going to do anything about it - they clearly aren't.

FUnky
doxic

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great plugin idea!

But i've got a question: If this plugin is stable, is there a port to windows possible?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: