logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xp_character - Foam's Fork

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:40    Post subject: xp_character - Foam's Fork Reply with quote

This is a fork, or 'branch', from kungfoowiz's excellent XP Character plugin for NWNX4. I'm responsible only for the changes, not for the basis. Changes are as follows:

BicFunctions Location & Stability
Many servers have reported having issues getting XP Character working due to crashes. This is because OEIShared.dll in Kungfoowiz's version is built for a different version than what Neverwinter Nights 2 has. OEIShared.dll is now linked properly in this version. In addition, the location of BicFunctions.exe can be specified in the xp_character.ini file, to stop confusion.

Servervault Location
Test servers often run into an issue with locations. With different usernames, developers usually have to open their module on their test server, and edit the scripts so that it points to the new, correct path. The path has been moved to the ini file, so that this is no longer required.

Function: Set Head
This function sets the character's head to a certain ID.

Function: Set Hair
Like above, only sets the user's hair style. In future versions, this will be useful with my Hair to Helm utility, to allow users to change their hair style and color.

Function: Retint
A retint option is now available, to ensure that wing and tail colors automatically match the user's skin tone. By default this is automatically called when SetWing or SetTail is used.

Feature requests are highly welcomed. This has been used on both Eros and Rigilia, so I'm fairly sure it works, though I haven't really put it to the test in a long time.

== Change log ==
2009-08-13: Initial repackage.

== Credit ==
kungfoowiz, the original version. I sent the changes to him in August of 2009, and he has yet to even read the message. Seeing as the plugin is released under the GPL, I'm rereleasing an updated version.

== Downloads ==
Download XP Character - Foam's Fork at NWVault

Last edited by FoamBats4All on Fri Oct 29, 2010 22:32; edited 1 time in total
Krarsht

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FoamBats4All,

First of all, thanks to make this plugin available again Smile

The problem is that I'm having problems with the installation of the plugin Sad I have checked the instructions and everything seems fine, but I get constantly this kind of error:

"Error 126 (MSVCR100.dll): could not load module" (or something like that)

I have several other plugins installed (MySQL, Spawn, bugfix) and they work fine, and I also have checked my "Microsoft C++ Redistributable package" and is the one from 2008 (maybe is that the problem?). I'm running nwn2server in a Windows XP machine, if that helps.

I tried mainly these steps:

- Copy BicFunctions.exe and OEIShared.dll you provided to "C:\Archivos de programa\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwnx4" (under the folder of NWN2 installation)

- Copy xp_character.dll and xp_character.ini to "C:\nwnx4" (the folder where I have NWNX)

- Edit xp_character.ini with these two lines inside:

bicfunctions = "C:\Archivos de programa\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwnx4\BicFunctions.exe"
servervault = "C:\Documents and Settings\{Name of my user}\Mis documentos\Neverwinter Nights 2\servervault"

[Note: {Name of my user} is the windows xp user Razz]

When I start NWNX, all other plugins load ok but I get that error for xp_character. Then I tried the same but puting BicFunctions.exe and OEIShared.dll in "C:\nwnx4" and editing xp_character.ini accordingly, but I got the same error :S

Is there something wrong in the steps I followed? There's something else I have to do?

Thank you in advance,

Krarsht
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krarsht,

Hrm. Does installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package fix this?

The location of BicFunctions shouldn't matter, so long as it's pointed to in the ini file.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you. Always frustrating when something works on my dev box but not in 'the real world'. Wink

Hopefully that'll fix it. If not, we'll hunt down the issue.

- Foam
Krarsht

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FoamBats4All,

Excuse for the delay, I was not able to test this last week Embarassed

Yes, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package solved the issue, so first problem gone! ^_^

But now I have other problems Sad

First of all, this plugin registers in NWNX4 launch as TAILOR: I was expecting CHARACTER, but maybe that's ok. So in the imported .erf in my module I changed the plugin name constant in the script to TAILOR (that's something you may want to change in your uploaded files, I guess)

After those changes, I tried to use a the DeleteCharacter function, and the system booted me from the game (correct) but the actual deletion did not happen and that whats xp_character.txt shows:

"NWNX Tailor Plugin V.0.0.1.2
(c) 2006 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
With edits by kungfoowiz, Nemrod, and FoamBats4All
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* BicFunctions path set: '"C:\Archivos de programa\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwnx4\BicFunctions.exe"'
* Servervault path set: '"C:\Documents and Settings\[My user]\Mis documentos\Neverwinter Nights 2\servervault"'
* Plugin initialized.
* Plugin GetString( psFunction = GETSERVERVAULT, psParam1 = , nParam2 = 0 ) '"

Note that [My user] is the correct one Wink The paths are correct, so maybe you can see something wrong in the GetString function params. SetWing does not work either Sad

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Say me something if you need more input about other cases,

Krarsht
Krarsht

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FoamBats4All,

I did not manage to make it work, so I have fixed it through java external code. Thank you anyway,

Krarsht
chris421

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there ever any resolution to this one?

I've tried both OEIShared.dll's...the old one included in the 7z, and the current one. My paths are also correct, changed CONSTANT to be "TAILOR" etc. It doesn't delete the BICs.

x64 2008 R2...VC 2005, 2008, 2010 x86 and x64....Net 2.0, 3.5, 4.0.

Gave up on xp_spawn.

...Can't believe I'm still expecting NWN2 to work after all these pointless years trying.
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any bugs should be fixed. Let me know if any are encountered.

I've also uploaded a demonstration module to the vault.
Dethia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is still being supported it'd be great if SetTail can also be added. Thanks either way.
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethia wrote:
If this is still being supported it'd be great if SetTail can also be added. Thanks either way.
SetTail is already supported. Smile

Code:
// This method sets the character's tail type.
// Tail type given by TAIL_*.
void SetTail( object oPC, int nTailType );

It was added 2008-10-11 by Kungfoowiz in his original version (which this is expanded upon). The demonstration module ("xp_character_test.7z" on the vault) shows one way to use it:
Code:
#include "nwnx_character"

void main( int iTailID ) {
   // Get active character.
   object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();

// Get character's tail.
   SetTail( oPC, iTailID );
   DelayCommand( 1.0f, BootAndUpdateCharacter( oPC ) );
}
Dethia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoamBats4All wrote:
SetTail is already supported. Smile...

Thanks I was going by the original post hence the inquiry, glad to hear.
1Ombra1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krarsht wrote:
Hi FoamBats4All,

Excuse for the delay, I was not able to test this last week Embarassed

Yes, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package solved the issue, so first problem gone! ^_^

But now I have other problems Sad

First of all, this plugin registers in NWNX4 launch as TAILOR: I was expecting CHARACTER, but maybe that's ok. So in the imported .erf in my module I changed the plugin name constant in the script to TAILOR (that's something you may want to change in your uploaded files, I guess)

After those changes, I tried to use a the DeleteCharacter function, and the system booted me from the game (correct) but the actual deletion did not happen and that whats xp_character.txt shows:

"NWNX Tailor Plugin V.0.0.1.2
(c) 2006 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
With edits by kungfoowiz, Nemrod, and FoamBats4All
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* BicFunctions path set: '"C:\Archivos de programa\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwnx4\BicFunctions.exe"'
* Servervault path set: '"C:\Documents and Settings\[My user]\Mis documentos\Neverwinter Nights 2\servervault"'
* Plugin initialized.
* Plugin GetString( psFunction = GETSERVERVAULT, psParam1 = , nParam2 = 0 ) '"

Note that [My user] is the correct one Wink The paths are correct, so maybe you can see something wrong in the GetString function params. SetWing does not work either Sad

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Say me something if you need more input about other cases,

Krarsht

I found this plug-in today, I have the same problem. Any commands I use it writes the same "GetString( psFunction = GETSERVERVAULT, psParam1 = , nParam2 = 0 )" in the xp_character.txt.
Does somebody know how to fix it?
This plug in can be very usefull for DMs of my italian PW.
Thank you.

Ombra.
1Ombra1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved the problem. In the beginning I used an item with custom gui to insert commands and change colors, when I removed the Boot PC command in nwnx_xharacter.nss the plugin worked (but of course when I log out the .bic file is re saved with no changes). So i solved it by using an

AssignCommand(oCreature,BootAndUpdateCharacter(oPC));

Now it is time to insert it into my PW. Thanks to the creators of this plugin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: