logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, or the nwnx_fixes.dll on the page linked in my sig, which is newer.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Red

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you.
maddogfargo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Re: Overpowering? Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
...I've changed all limits to +30 on my server now,

and the hope is that I can create a function, on the onSpawn function of all monsters, that causes them to spawn with ability bonuses, ac and ab bonuses scaled with the player who spawned them, or the strongest member of their party, in the area.

The effect should be monsters becoming moderately harder if the player is really strong.

Was just wondering if anyone else ever considered this, since this plugin pretty much opens up this line of development.

Yes...I was just thinking about dynamicly scaling spawns for something new I'm going to work on. Start with a base creature and add attributes/feats 'sort of' like the auto-leveling you see for henchmen.

Unfortunately, I'm just researching into this. You are probably WAY ahead of me at present.

Was also looking at dynamicly scaling loot and player gear as well. This would be easier since the possible combinations of item properties are much less than NPC build possibilities. But overall, my goal was to come up with a base creature/item and from that, dynamically 'build' them based on loot randomization scripts, party levels, and spawn them where/when/how needed.

The benefit would be a MUCH cleaner palette, and it would also make game balance tweaks for loot/monsters MUCH easier. And as you said, the higher caps would give us a HUGE range to work with now, allowing for greater and more granular tweaks to game challenge -vs- player abilities.

- MDF
Max

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

May be my it's too late to ask my question, but i trie :

I work with NWNX4, and I wish to change the skill cap. Do you know if there's a way to make this plugin work with NWNX4 ?

That plugin is greatfull. I don't find any other way to change skills cap on NWN2.

Many days i shearch without success !

Thanks ! (sorry for my bad english)
luna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue as Max.

Zebranky can this be made for NWNX4?

Thanks
Max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find anything for that.

So we have made a script in the onequip to not equip two item with the same skill bonus type.

It works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: