logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Level Cap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ponfyr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59    Post subject: Level Cap Reply with quote

I installed NWN2 1.23 on a Windows 2012 Server. Only the Nwn2Server works.

Installed NWNX4 on the server and pointed it to a MySQL Server running on Linux.

Logged on With the nwn2main client running on my Widows8 Laptop.

Everything was good at this point.

Copied Pain's xp_fix.dll, xp_fix.exp, xp_fix.ini, xp_fix.lib and xp_fix.pdb I download from http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1172450/NWNx4/NWNX.7z
to the Server's c:\nwnx4 directory.

I took a copy of Vordan's Hero Creator mod and renamed it MyModule.mod. I changed the Pixie's conversation to have a 31 to 40 level choice.

Using the Toolbox I created my own Campaign, Set the Level cap at 40 and the xp cap at 780000, added MyModule to the campaign and Set Module to Use Selected Campaign, and as the starting module. Saved the campaign and the module.

Then I copied both the module and campaign to the server.

Updated the nwnx.ini file for MyModule.

launched NWNX4_GUI.exe and it loaded the module.

Logged in with my client and proceeded to Level my new character to level 40. Still everything is really cool.

I exported my character, exited the client and reloaded it. But I could not select the 40th level character when logging back in (it did not show in the selection list.)

Yes, I run the server to allow Local Vault. I did not attach any erfs to the module. Should I have? or am I missing something else?
luna

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is there in the local vault still right?
Ponfyr

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
maithly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to create a module, but within this module i would like to make use of some ascii symbols (like ☆★●○) but the toolset (and the game as well i think) translate these symbols to a '?' mark.
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The BioWare boards are less dead than this one.

2. This isn't remotely related to the topic you replied to. Post different topics in their own threads.

3. NWN doesn't support all ASCII symbols. The game maps characters to a section of a texture (fnt_dialog.tga, I believe). There are only so many characters to choose from. Here are the ones that can be displayed:

You can replace lesser-used characters with the characters you want to display by altering this texture file. That's what was done to create Racial Alphabets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: