logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extend plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:43    Post subject: Extend plugin Reply with quote

I installed the Extend plugin to filter out party locations. Seems to do a fine job, other than if someone was in an area before you walk in, their name bubble does not appear over their head.

There is an included .nss file with a function in it, but there's no indication what the function does or how to use it.

I've been trying to find any sort of documentation at all (on other plugins as well) but I can't really find anything at all.

So a couple things:

Is there any way to get the name bubbles back for people who were already in an area?
Is there documentation that I am overlooking? And if not, can I possibly volunteer some time to write/improve documentation for some these plugins? Some of them seem very good, but nearly unusable due to lack of documentation.
Calan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have figured out a few details.

The problem only happens when someone is in party with someone else, and only when one of them enters an area which already has the other in it. I believe this is because if someone is partied with someone else, the server assumes the entering object already has the area information (because they are partied) and does not re-send the information. Therefore there is no party location event for the plugin to capture.

I have written a band-aid fix in nwscript on the area onenter script. It needs to be run on every area in the module. When a PC enters the area, it searches the area for any other party (faction) members. If it finds one, it removes the PC from the party, and after a small delay it adds them back to the party. This forces the server to re-send the area information.

The nwscript fix mostly works, but it's not ideal. I have dug into the plugin code, and while I'm half decent in C, PHP, and assembly of Motorola and PIC, C++ and Intel assembly are not something I've conquered yet- especially with no inline documentation. So I can't even begin to suggest a fix to the module, if one is possible at all.

I'm also still interested in finding out what the function in the included .nss file is supposed to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: