logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat not ignoring silents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 15:34    Post subject: Chat not ignoring silents? Reply with quote

Hey

For some reason nwnx-chat isn't ignoring silent chat coming from creatures, even with ignore-silent set to 1 (in both the nwnx config and my server script (fky_chat/simtools v3.1)

Wouldn't be a big issue if the nwnx_chat log file wasn't growing to stupid sizes filled with Silent shouts/chat from creatures.

Any way to fix this? I've tried compiling the chat plugin, using the one from the github repo and also the one that comes with simtools, they all log silent chat when directed not too (also doesn't matter if processnpc is 1 or 0)

Cheers
Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Bump^

So, no ideas anyone? Am i missing some basic configuration somewhere? :O

If i could just get it to stop logging mode=D it'd be so much smaller and easier to read Sad
elven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relevant code is here:

https://github.com/NWNX/nwnx2-linux/blob/master/plugins/chat/NWNXChat.cpp#L254

You should be able to cut down on logging by setting debuglevel lower, or if you still want to log all other messages, move the Log() call into the if{}, just before the actual RunScript.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ignoring" though - if it's still calling the script for silent-shouts and NPCs even though you have disabled them in config then that's clearly a bug. It logging them regardless of seems to be what the code does, which could probably use some fixing too. :)
Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes thats what i mean, the plugin keeps logging silent shouts even with "ignoresilent" set.

Though now i'm thinking looking at that maybe its not ment to work that way but rather its to decide whether or not to process silent shouts through the script, but still logs them to the file regardless?

Which would explain the behaviour......

I might move that log command around and recompile it, see what happens.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Smile
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debuglevel 3 is a high debuglevel designed for troubleshooting plugin problems. You wouldn't want to run plugins with loglevel higher than 2 in most cases.
And nwnx_chat log isn't too user-friendly, so it'd be better if you log in the main nwserver log file or to a database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: