logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Description' Listing on NWNCX Server listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ansalon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:42    Post subject: 'Description' Listing on NWNCX Server listing Reply with quote

Hi,

I got my Dragonlance Megaworld listed on the NWNCX Serverlist just fine. Only had to drop the nwnx2 plugin nwnx_serverlist.dll into server directory and edit host file.

But when I look at it in the server list and click 'Server Details' it doesn't show the Module Description Text entered in the module like some do.

Do I have to open other ports for this? At the moment only port open is 5121.

Help Please..
Cheers

----
Ansalon II - The World of Krynn - Dragonlance Megaworld
MAIN SITE: http://nwn.starfire3d.com
Description: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/189/index/16886389

Last edited by Ansalon on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:00; edited 1 time in total
eeriegeek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

There are two different places you can enter description information.

1) The first is the "Module Description" text field in the NWN editor. This field is saved with the module file so it is a per module description.

2) The second one is free form text in the ServerDesc.txt file in your main NWN server directory. This one is meant presumably to describe the server, and placing some text there should get you what you're looking for.

Unless you use the same server install but load different modules from time to time, the two description fields are somewhat redundant and you can just put the same text in each.
Ansalon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ServerDesc.txt worked great..thanks! Smile

----
Ansalon II - The World of Krynn - Dragonlance Megaworld
MAIN SITE: http://nwn.starfire3d.com
Description: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/189/index/16886389
Memengwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the serverlisting in the client NWN1 extender has stoped working alltogether.

After clicking "Join Internate Game" the client freezes. And when it unfreezes, I get an error message "Connection Failed, try another nick". It has possibilities for "Retry" and "Cancel". A retry makes the client freeze some more with the same error message.

If I choose Cancel, I get to see the old, pre-extender vew with only history/favorites/friends as clickable tabs. It has been like this for several days.
Lokey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still works, gamespy pulled the plug on the mp browser chat, and that kills everything else when it can't connect. It'll take less time to break if you block peerchat.gamespy.com

Skywing fixed in nwn2, virusman needs time to get to it in nwncx, he said he can probably start this weekend.
Xaltu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just set up NWN on my new PC I thought I had missed a setting somewhere. Glad to know it is not that and so will stop looking for what I had done wrong. Thanks for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: