logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Scripter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 0:29    Post subject: Looking for a Scripter Reply with quote

I'm currently looking for a scripter who is knowledgeable about converting Bioware Database driven scripts over to NWNX2. I'm sure some of these have already been converted by most and some have switches in them for either Bioware or NWNX.

I would like someone who can work on this project in a timely manner and as such am willing to compensate them for their time and efforts. After the scripts are converted if the scripter wishes they can post them to the community to help others in the future.

Please Email at mike@pon.net for more information
Blacksting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you considering for compensation?
NoMercy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tool to convert the bioware database files to a list of INSERT statements would be a very nice thing to see developed.

Not sure what those files are, might be FoxPro database files...
Kosmous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might seem "inefficient" but just making a NWNscript on a module should work fine. Its not as if converting from bioware db to another database happens to often anyway.
NoMercy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use nwscript to do it, if you knew all the index names under which data had been stored. Unfortunately with many things stored by object, and under indexes which change depending on player names etc, that is quite a challenge.

Reading the data out of the .DBF file is possible, there are a few programs around with do it, but it'd be nice to have a unified tool for converting the .DBF to a .SQL (file which lists sql commands, which create tables and execute INSERT to add the data)

Update:
This program might work: http://www.whitetown.com/dbf2sql/ but costs money.
teleri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice to be able to wrie back and forth using the NWNX Db functionality for persistance and te Bioware Db for lots of common retrievals. This is something I have been looking into myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: