logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server reloads without module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minerva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:49    Post subject: Server reloads without module Reply with quote

I hate to bother with a question that I am certain is remidial to many of you, but I am just trying NWNX2 for the first time.

I have followed the instructions for installing NWNX2 but it seems I have done something wrong. I have placed the madcodehook.dll and the nwnx-module.dll's in my NWN root folder, copied the module I am running and placed the NWNX2 exe in the same root folder. To retrace my steps, I then click on the NWNX2 icon in the root folder, the NWNX2 box comes up, followed by the server screen. I select the same module copied to the root folder from the dropdown on the regular Bioware server screen, then launch the server.

I have no trouble launching the server/module from the NWNX2.exe , and everything seems to be working until the server crashes. It is at this time that the server reloads with no module. It posts to the web, but there is no module running on the server. Is there something I have missed? I feel that I have missed a very crucial step. Embarassed

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me in successfully installing NWNX2 so that it will relaunch the server and module when crashed.

Thank you!
Grim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minerva,

You have to create a command line that includes all the parameters you need. Here is an example of mine:

D:\NWN\NWNX2.exe -servervault 1 -module "MyTest" -maxclients 20 -gametype 3 -dmpassword mypass -publicserver 0 -servername "MyTest"

I put this in a batch file (mine is named nwnstart.bat) and put this in my startup folder. The server I'm running has been really stable and hasn't had a blip or been restarted in months.

If you want me to send you a copy of my batch file send me a pm with your email address.

You should also check out this post:
http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=90639&forum=56
Minerva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 17:26    Post subject: My thanks Reply with quote

Thank you Grim. I have PM'd you and appreciate the offer.

I really have no idea how to create a batch file. It is probably alot easier than I think, but I will take your help. Wink

Once again, thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
dhoom3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this in a batch file (mine is named nwnstart.bat) and put this in my startup folder. The server I'm running has been really stable and hasn't had a blip or been restarted in months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: