logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide floating damage points when It's equal 0.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idelish / Lyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 15:07    Post subject: Hide floating damage points when It's equal 0. Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently in the last step of a project to convert the NWN to 3.5 with all the skills and capabilities of D&D implemented in NWN. It has been much effort and now assumed something "failed" and I need a way to fix it.

I need to know how to hide the floating text when it is equal to 0. If nothing is set yet for it ... Could you tell me where to start? It's a really stupid but destroys my project aesthetically.

There is an option in nwnplayer "Enable FloatyTextFeedback" that hides the floating text, but it affects everyone. Is there any way to use this point to not see those annoying 0?.

Please is very important, I have spent hundreds of hours into this and do not want to waste.

If there is anything yet but as you know it tell me and I pray that I will not bear me any fact, only a guide as veterans about how to do.

Besides this, does anyone know how to operate successfully in NWNCX funcs plugin? I tried setting it as they say in the normal way using the bridge and entering the settings in NWNX.ini normally (as I understood it worked the bridge) but does not call the events.

Thanks for your time, and apologies for this newbie at this level edition of NWN, I really think I'm doing my project could revitalize the NWN, but I have two problems fools.
addicted2rpg

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what your question is. Do you mean in the combat log or are you having some function that is printing the floating text and you want to suppress the print-out when the value is 0?
Idelish / Lyo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

When appears on the screen, "0" by damage. Not log, the floating visual number. For example when you're immune of damage. Do you know how to do it?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if it helps,
But I did a version of nwnx_cool with an effecthandler_onapplydamage hook
It allows the interception and modification of damage

From memory - when no damage is to be applied- it needs to be set to -1 otherwise 0 and above will display in log and possibly over heads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: