logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Big Noob in NWNX Land

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catharsis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:03    Post subject: A Big Noob in NWNX Land Reply with quote

Hey guys,

So I have a confession to make straight off the bat. I am not experienced with this sort of stuff, and it seems even though I wouldn't class myself as stupid I have a somewhat low ability cap for understanding the instructions for setting up a database on my hosts computer.

I will paste my NWNX.ini file and word this post in questions mainly to speed things up:

Code:
[ODBC2]
; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on

the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = "Isles_of_Discord"
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 5
WatchdogGamespy = no
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 20
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 5

; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 1 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
source = sqlite
file   = Styxx.db

; Use these two settings for ODBC connections
;source = odbc
;dsn    = nwn

; Use these five settings for MySQL connections
;source = mysql
;server = localhost
;user   = nwn
;pwd    = nwn
;db     = nwn

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

;[PROFILER]
; MaxLogSize = 1512 ; in KByte
; LogLevel = 1 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script

callstack

[NWNX]
ServerVault = .\servervault

;[DELETECHAR]
;LogLevel = 0               ; 0=nothing, 1=write a log
;DeleteOrMove = 0           ; 0=move file out of player dir,

1=delete file
;MoveToPath = .\deletevault

[FUNCS]
;Number_of_Skills, the amount of skills from skills.2da (last

row+1)
Number_of_Skills=28

;debugLevel: 1 should only show basic information, 2 should

include errors and 3 should log ;pretty much everything
;debugLevel=0

;Set this to 1 to use the CustomTrapGeometry functions
;HOOK_CustomTrapGeometry=0

;Hook for a new OnPlayerLeave event which runs before

OnClientLeave
;Makes it possible to retrieve information about the player

object as usual (GetName, GetArea, etc)
;In the onplayerleaving script, OBJECT_SELF is the player

object about to leave
HOOK_OnPlayerLeaving=1
OnPlayerLeavingScript=onplayerleaving

;[FIXES]
;copy_vars = 1
;compare_vars = 0

;[TMI]
;Unlimited=1
;Limitlevel=4

[TMI]
Unlimited=0
Limitlevel=4

Is SQLite sufficient enough instead of MySQL for running just one module?

In the NWNX.ini do I need to comment out the MySQL part?

Is the user and pwd parts of the MySQL settings the host computer login and pw? Or an external database that is hosted online?

Is this in SQLite mode right now? Or MySQL?

My Styxx.db file is 0kb, that's not right is it?

I have a file called "killserver.bat" I should use this when closing my server down right?

Does a database generally handle things like tailoring models? My tailoring models do not cycle through clothing appearances BUT can be manually set in by using "enter exact value".

I also had an issue with a script on module entry that handled logging out dead or with low hitpoints and returning completely alive/fully healed. I had to comment it out temporarily

Is this enough to set this? What do I need to set up an internal sqlite database that can permit my server to function normally?

I am currently working on this right now through the night and the weekend, but I am totally lost tbh... If someone could add me on Skype and give me directions I would be so very grateful and appreciative.

Best Regards,
Serge!
Catharsis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logs

nwnx.txt

Code:
NWN Extender V.2.7-beta4
(c) 2004 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
(c) 2007-2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin deletechar is loaded.
* Plugin fixes is loaded.
* Plugin funcs is loaded.
* Plugin odbc is loaded.
* Plugin profiler is loaded.
* Plugin TMI is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.
* Library COOL!25 does not exist.* Library COOL!36 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!STRFTIME does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!READINISTRING does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!WRITETOTEXTFILE does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!SYSTEM does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFIRSTFILE does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFILEEXISTS does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETNEXTFILE does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFILEEXISTS does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETNEXTFILE does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFILEEXISTS does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETNEXTFILE does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFILEEXISTS does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETNEXTFILE does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETFILEEXISTS does not exist.* Library COOL!1 does not exist.* Library SYSTEMDATA2!GETNEXTFILE does not exist.

nwnx_odbc.txt

Code:
NWNX ODBC2 plugin V.0.9.2.5
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Only errors will be logged.
o Using SQLite connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d5830
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5d5710
o Connect successful.
! SQL Error: no such table: items
! SQL Error: no such table: items
! SQL Error: no such table: DM
! SQL Error: no such table: pids
! SQL Error: no such function: now
! SQL Error: no such table: pwdata
! SQL Error: no such table: online
! SQL Error: no such function: now
! SQL Error: no such table: online
o Disconnecting from database.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh'boy. Laz, if Styss was a burger then what you got right now is the bun but not the beef. Quite frankly most of the more complex systems all ran outside the actual module. They arent going to work without the right nwnx plugins and the database structure.

You should put it on hold for now and I'll see if I can't get in touch with some people and fish for the original stuff if you truly want to revive it.
highv priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly the creators of the whole spiel for MySQL integration for nwn did a terrible job of actually explaining it. To really understand all the normal stuff to do SQL related operations it's advised to visit the various SQLite/MySQL websites. None the less I can explain how to actually get it working for you.

SQLite, unlike MySQL, will not automatically create a table just because you set something to go to it(unlike nwn database as well). So in order to actually start having things get saved to the tables you specify... You need to actually create those tables first!

Code:
void SQLDeleteTable(string sTable);

void SQLDeleteTable(string sTable)
{
SQLExecDirect("DROP TABLE "+sTable);
}

void SQLCreateTable(string sTable);

void SQLCreateTable(string sTable)
{
SQLExecDirect("CREATE TABLE "+sTable+" (" +
                    "player text(64)," +
                    "tag text(64)," +
                    "name text(64)," +
                    "val memo," +
                    "expire text(4)," +
                    "last date)");
}

I use those 2 for creating tables/deleting them(though admittedly I've largely moved on to MySQL for website support, but I actually liked SQLite better soooo....).

Feel free to copy/paste them, but note that the way I did it was actually unecessary... You can specify ANY things after the table name(for instance just tag instead of player or no expiration text, etc) so long as you know what things exist where after the fact.

To answer your other questions:

Is SQLite sufficient enough instead of MySQL for running just one module?
SQLite is actually faster(when not in COMMIT mode) then mySQL, because it's all done via RAM up until the point a COMMIT call is done. Issuing another BEGIN call after will have it go back to using RAM instead of hard drive again.

In the NWNX.ini do I need to comment out the MySQL part?
Yes, SQLite requires only:
Code:
; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
source = sqlite
file   = C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\database\SQL\sqlite.db

Is the user and pwd parts of the MySQL settings the host computer login and pw? Or an external database that is hosted online?
MySQL is not supported on NWN alone, you need a third party program in order for MySQL to function, this third party program can have it's own username and password set, the user/password from NWNX.ini is what is used to access the third party program. NOTE SQLITE DOES NOT REQUIRE A THIRD PARTY PROGRAM

Is this in SQLite mode right now? Or MySQL?
Whichever "Source" you specify is the mode it will attempt to use.

My Styxx.db file is 0kb, that's not right is it?
No it's not.

I have a file called "killserver.bat" I should use this when closing my server down right?
If you have nwnx, that file should be immensely unnecessary. There is an infinite number of plugins(some from Terra, virusman, and others) which close the server down automatically on their own.

Does a database generally handle things like tailoring models? My tailoring models do not cycle through clothing appearances BUT can be manually set in by using "enter exact value".
The database can handle anything under the rainbow so long as it's converted to a string for nwnx to pick up on.

I also had an issue with a script on module entry that handled logging out dead or with low hitpoints and returning completely alive/fully healed. I had to comment it out temporarily

Is this enough to set this? What do I need to set up an internal sqlite database that can permit my server to function normally?
Refer to above
Catharsis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 15:07    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I did realise after awhile that a lot of stuff was externally handled. Thanks for your knowledge there highv priest.

Terra, I would be eternally greatful if you could! I am serious about reviving styss, not so much to be a tyrannical admin but more so I can play there too on the server that is available to me through the good graces of my host. I miss the PVP and faction side of things and I think others would happily return to a PVP'fest.

Terra if we could talk via fb/skype/etc that would be ideal as I would like to see what can be done and have the server available for people to truly enjoy Smile

I got Brocards blessing years ago to try and restore it.. It's up and running right now and hasn't gone down for many months. It just needs to be made whole again to be perfectly functional!

I will forward this thread to my host too to see what he can make of it.
Catharsis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 15:12    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

Assistance required! Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: