logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working nwnx_cool?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
highv priest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:48    Post subject: Working nwnx_cool? Reply with quote

My version doesn't work because apparently the .nss file is not accurate to the .dll's executions. So does anyone have a working nwnx_cool I can operate with? Most important I'm interested in just being able to hook AoOs. Ranged attacks annoy the bloody hell out of me when playing, but apparently my players actually like having AoOs constantly against ranged builds hah
highv priest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruel fate!
Terra_777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the source for cool anymore, although if you just want a hook on AoO's such as making them toggleable I can give write you up something.

Pretty sure the old version I got simply didnt post AoO's to people who had a local-int set on them. Although I could possibly hook a script even if you wanna do special stuff.
highv priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be great! All these shiny servers using their nwnx_cool's of hooking damage application and AoO's! I'm the only one in nwn actually trying to add new players to nwn and no one is working with me!

Seriously Terra if you give me some form of way to give you payment I would gladly do so. You're the only one who doesn't just ignore me UNLESS I'm helping them.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab the latest nwnx_minipatch from here: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=964767FB0C3A645B!969&cid=964767FB0C3A645B&group=0

Copy the minipatch inisnippes from here: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=964767FB0C3A645B!964&cid=964767FB0C3A645B&group=0

When the hook is enabled it'll fire a script called nwnx_aoo, OBJECT_SELF is the creature broadcasting the AOO. Use GetLocalObject(OBJECT_SELF,"AOO_TARGET") to get the target that is gonna perform/check for the AOO. This can be OBJECT_INVALID, such as casting spells. Use SetLocalObject(OBJECT_SELF,"AOO_FLAG",1) to cancel the AOO broadcast.

Lemme know if it works!
highv priest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra_777 wrote:
Use SetLocalObject(OBJECT_SELF,"AOO_FLAG",1) to cancel the AOO broadcast.

That's meant to be set local int? Also does this function work in situations where multiple AoOs fire at the same time? If so does it fire for each creature in the AoO to get each one which would perform the AoO?
Terra_777

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the lazy version which is just a hook at broadcast, it'll broadcast to everyone or to specific people if the AOO does so. To get a lower level type AOO hook I'd need to hook a lot of other things (such as attack order) or figure out how the fuck I did it in cool.

Yes, FLAG is an int, not an object. Typo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: