logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Github Repository

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 19:18    Post subject: Github Repository Reply with quote

Github: https://github.com/NWNX/nwnx4

Last edited by virusman on Mon Oct 05, 2015 0:35; edited 3 times in total
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am voting that we make this the authoritative source control repository for NWNX4. I have already committed some of my projects to this repository (nwn2srvutil, nwn2srvquery / cacti graphing templates).

Right now, I am going to start porting my other various enhancements (clean shutdown, xp_bugfix, crash dump support, packet logging, zero module copy on server boot) to this repository. Not really wanting to maintain a third fork of NWNX4 beyond the one I have in my CVS and the active one which seems to be virusman's, so... hereby requesting that new development in general goes to this SVN repository so that we've got everything all in once place.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry for causing confusion and not explaining everything.
The domain 'virusman.ru' may lead to confusion, but I've set up this repository as the main 'working' repository for developers to encourage collaboration. We've talked with Papillon about this a few weeks ago. The stable changes from this repository will eventually be merged back into the "official" SVN. So this is not a fork.
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine with me, as long as it actually does make it's way into the mainline release.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your and virusman's efforts to improve NWNX4. I may not always agree with some changes (e.g. the crash dump feature in the main DLL), or some that are not ready yet (SCORCO), but the rest I will gladly merge into the repository here on nwnx.org

Maybe it's time to talk a bit about my future plans. Although I do not have as much spare time as I did in the past, I am not going to quit work on NWNX altogether, and I do want to maintain nwnx.org indefinitely. For the past few months and the time to come, I see myself as a maintainer of an official version, with a feature set decided by the community and the fellow coders.

In other words: I do encourage you all to bring forward your ideas and patches. You can be sure your contributions will be gladly accepted, as soon as they reach production level quality (this is a very important point for me).
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash dump support is unfortunately a requirement for me. Writing of actual dumps continues to be off by default. What is your objection there?

Crash dump writing requires help from an external process (NOT started at crash time) to be reliable in the face of heap corruption. Unless we want to start giving the controller special knowledge of plugins, it seems like the logical place to put it is in the injected DLL.

Would prefer not to have to maintain my own fork of things, once again; however, do have several PWs that are using this build specifically for crash reporting so that I can update xp_bugfix where appropriate. I would tend to believe that this is going to continue to be a preferred arrangement for these parties.

Edit: Btw, could I catch you (Papillion) on IRC or MSN to discuss things further in real time?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, let's discuss via ICQ (the uin is in my profile). I am usually available during daytime and evening GMT hours.

My main concern is the code bloat that currently comes with it. The code is a bit complex and might scare off less experienced programmers, which I want to avoid if possible. So there are no technical, just organizational issues.
chris421

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken record from like two years ago--I know.

Where are the latest stable binaries?

Link at the top of this thread has none for 1.09.

Looking for NWNX4, plugins, erfs, demo mod, docs...stuff that is required and known to work with NWN2 1.22.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris421 wrote:
Broken record from like two years ago--I know.

Where are the latest stable binaries?

Link at the top of this thread has none for 1.09.

Looking for NWNX4, plugins, erfs, demo mod, docs...stuff that is required and known to work with NWN2 1.22.
In the download section
http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=nwnx4
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally migrating all repositories to github.
To all developers who ever pushed a commit to the NWNX SVN: please send me your github account name and email.
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Migrated to Github.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: