logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting NWNX2 - Fedora Linux Core 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zycor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 0:40    Post subject: Starting NWNX2 - Fedora Linux Core 3 Reply with quote

First I will admit I am new to linux. I have MySQL installed and thought I had NWNX2 installed but when ever I run ./configure everything seems ok. When I run the make install, at the end, I get a Error 1.

I am unable to execute nwnx2.

HELP !!!
NoMercy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loaded the various files into the nwn folder manually, I'm not sure the auto install works either, after all the files arn't to be installed in /usr/local/*/.

Drop nwnx2 and nwstartup.sh into your nwn folder, along with the plugins you want from the sub directories (also ending .so, note you may need to build them seperately), edit the nwstartup.sh file to whatever you like and your away.

Unlike the windows version, the linux version doesn't have a server monitor, as it's fairly easy to achieve a simple process respawner, or use init.
Zycor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that I did that. But per the instructions they say I should be able to run the ./nwnx2. I am not able to do so. It says file not found.
NoMercy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The documentation is pretty dire, 1/2 of its wrong, or out of date :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: