logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So confused

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascadia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:23    Post subject: So confused Reply with quote

So, Ive been trying to not only install NWNX2 sucessfully, but also convert scripts that currently use the Bioware Database over to NWNX2.

Now while I beleave I have NWNX2 installed and set up correctly, there are some things im confused about.

1: DBF & Data base File

From what I have read, DBF File is Bioware, Data Base File is NWNX2, yet when I convert a script, changeing all the BlahCampaignBlah over to the related BlahPersistentBlah it doesnt write to the NWN "Data Base File" or even create new Data Base Files is instead creates DBF files.

Does NWNX (OBDC2 plugin, internal database) also read and write from DBF files, or is the script im trying to convert still somehow writing to the Bioware Database (To note, the script when converted works, its just the DBF files that have me confused.)

2: Does the Internal Data Base require anything at all?

I know that would be kinda silly, but ive heard and read refernece to MySQL, SQLite, OBDC, Firebird and a ton of other stuff, and Im just wondering is anything else is actualy needed or if the "Data Base File" created is useable in and of itself.

3: What does "hookscorco = true" do? I couldnt find any reference to it in the documents. Hooking into StoreCampaignObject & RetriveCampaignObject could be nice but how exactly does this work script wise and how do I use it?

4: Are their any tutorials or wrappers for converting Bioware Database scripts to NWNX2 scripts?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 22:37    Post subject: Re: So confused Reply with quote

Ascadia wrote:

Now while I beleave I have NWNX2 installed and set up correctly, there are some things im confused about.

If the aps_demo.mod works you have set everything up correctly.

Quote:

From what I have read, DBF File is Bioware, Data Base File is NWNX2, yet when I convert a script, changeing all the BlahCampaignBlah over to the related BlahPersistentBlah it doesnt write to the NWN "Data Base File" or even create new Data Base Files is instead creates DBF files.

It should not do that. It should create a file "sqlite.db" (if you left the default settings in NWNX.INI) and store all its data in there. If you still get files in the database directory, the old scripts are still active somehow.

Quote:

2: Does the Internal Data Base require anything at all?

It requires nothing, that is the beauty of this database variant. You can use it just like that.

Quote:

3: What does "hookscorco = true" do? I couldnt find any reference to it in the documents. Hooking into StoreCampaignObject & RetriveCampaignObject could be nice but how exactly does this work script wise and how do I use it?

Check out the aps_demo.mod, the signs on the right side demonstrate how objects can be stored and retrieved from the db.

4: Are their any tutorials or wrappers for converting Bioware Database scripts to NWNX2 scripts?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: