logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please - new to hosting and setting up MySQL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azartyn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 16:49    Post subject: Help Please - new to hosting and setting up MySQL Reply with quote

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. I am very new to setting up a server and complete computer 'tard when it comes to scripting and setting things up. The PW I play on just lost our server so I am setting one up and am at a loss right now. I noticed the same problem I am having in one of your other threads. http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33. I have set up MySQL and using the NWNx2 most recent versions using your tutorial THANK YOU, they were excellent..spoke err well typed... very simple and clear.
Regarding persistent chests....Ok, my problem is I have MySQL running, everything is lovely BUT I look in the mysql note pad and see Execute: not connected to MySQL, Fetch, not connect to MySQL or empty record set....please help me fix this my desk has dents in it from my forehead. Can anyone point me to what the problem might be...sorry if I am vague, I dont know what else you would need.

*edit* I do have MySQL connected....the cylinders are green and say connected? Shocked

Az~
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the following information in order to help you:

1) Contents of NWNX.INI
2) Logfiles: nwnx.txt, nwnx_odbc.txt, nwserverlog1.txt
3) List of installed nwnx_* plugins including their version numbers (right-click on a DLL and go the version tab)

Have you tried aps_demo.mod ? This is the most simple test. If that does not work, do not bother with more sophisticated stuff.
Primogenitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you dont need to keep your old data if for example youve lost that, you might want to use SQLite instead of MySQL. SQLite is built into the latest ODBC plugin, and requires virtually zero setup. No external programs, no other installations, no complex commands to connect. Its documented with the plugin http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=doc_odbc2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: