logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems starting the server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kreuzritter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 14:27    Post subject: Problems starting the server Reply with quote

Hi,

the server starts fine, if i use the command ./nwserver -module Chapter1

But if I use ./nwnstartup.sh (modified line 3 to ./nwserver -module Chapter1) i got following error:

odin:/home/nwn # ./nwnstartup.sh

NWNX2lib: Init
NWNX2lib: org SetString() at (nil), new SetString() at 0x4001e8ce
mprotect: Invalid argument
./nwnstartup.sh: line 3: 11447 Segmentation fault ./nwserver -module Chapter1
odin:/home/nwn #

Maybe someone know what i did wrong ?

Greetz
Kreuzritter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, found the problem ... i need the odbc connect ... is there anyone who know the command for create it at linux?

greetz
JeroenB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem here is that you are probably using an older version of the nwnx system on a newer version. Which version of nwn and nwnx do you run?
Kreuzritter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right ... I checked the versions and found several on several pages ... it's running now Smile

My Server is up to date (latest version from Bioware) and the extender should be too.

I found several installation instructions for windows (for the extender itself, for odbc, for hash etc), is there really nothing to do at linux ? The extender is now running at linux, is there everything done now? Running as a persistent world ?

Would be nice ... if not, what to do now ? I can see at the log files, that server is running nice ... some clients just connected Smile
Manuel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX can provide persistence but it does not a persistent world make. You can begin adding features to your own modules using NWNX. Some folks like persistent chests. Others are keen on quest systems. Then there's in-game bulletin boards. No limit, really.

You might check the NWVault to find some premade scripts. This may work well to dip your toe in while whetting your appetite for more.
JeroenB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, NWNX only gives you access to extra functionality to make your persistent world. You will have to use those funcitonalities yourself to make it actually work in your world. As Manuel said, on nwvault are lots of ready systems available to make your world cooler!

And soon VaultSter will be available for linux too, so that you can join larger community worlds like CoPaP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: