logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAR v.10, NWNX, and Letoscript

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:30    Post subject: DAR v.10, NWNX, and Letoscript Reply with quote

I'm running the most recent version of NWNX2 using MySQL and the Profiler. Everything runs as it should. I recently tried to add Demux's Alternate Races in, using NWNX-Letoscript, to no avail. I had some difficulty with the newest version of Letoscript not working with the Newest NWNX. I switched versions of Letoscript around (both dll's) untilI got the module Chimera Street (their demo mod off the vault) working. Version 3-18 of letoscript did not work, but the version that came with the module did (one dll is older than 3-18, one is newer). I've already posted at the Letoscript forums, but am posting here in the hope that Papillion or someone else might have some insights, or have figured out a working set of versions of NWNX2 (newest), Letoscript, and Dar v.10.
Any help would be appreciated!
Funky
Lokey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demux back to updating DAR? I thought he gave up on it after 1.65 killed the special abilities list...anyway any DAR version from say last year will not work with the latest NWNxLETO as dragonsong has changed the LETO script commands. If Demux released a new version, then I'm wrong on this...otherwise check out Primogenitor's system (PRC-races) for something you can just drop into a module.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Demux hasn't updated it. It works fine with the newest NWNX, if you use 3-18 (Phoenix). Dragonsong, however, just offered to help me convert it from Phoenix to Unicorn, so it'll work with the newest version of Letoscript. This, because the 3-18 version won't find bic files correctly unless you start out with a clean server vault. Sad

Funky
Lokey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ick, doesn't dragonsong have enough to work on now? Look at the PRC races which are compatable with the current LETO already--this wheel's already been invented. You'll have to use a hak anyway to get the function DAR had (special abilities) or use items as other subrace systems do.
Lazy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokey wrote:
Ick, doesn't dragonsong have enough to work on now? Look at the PRC races which are compatable with the current LETO already--this wheel's already been invented. You'll have to use a hak anyway to get the function DAR had (special abilities) or use items as other subrace systems do.

I have respect for the PRC, but your missing the big point with DAR, you dont need a HAK. So you lose some creature special abilities, but those abilities are not worth losing access to all of those players.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:03    Post subject: DARIIbeta on the vault Reply with quote

Figured I post here for those so inclined. No link yet as I just posted it and it's not yet approved. To respond to the ill-considered remarks on PRC:
1) PRC sucks. I too respect the technical achievements behind it
(props to Primo and others), and have in fact borrowed and adapted a stray script or two from it, but as a whole it sucks. Not only does it require a hak, as the previous poster mentioned, it is also pretty unbalanced, a result more of "can we do it" thinking than of "should we do it" thinking. Why would I want to introduce all that into my mod, along with the added expense of a meaty dose of lag, when all I want is a few custom, stackable-stat subraces? Talk about overkill.
2) This is hardly "reinventing the wheel", that's the whole point. I rewrote the letoscript involved, which comprises only portions of 2 out of roughly 18 scripts. Yes, a sizeable task, but far and away the LEAST onerous for what I wanted to do, and also a valuable learing experience. PRC is nothing like DAR, so I didn't even consider it. If you don't want to take my word for it, consider the vault votes. DAR was #1 for ages. Why was it so popular if PRC was even half the substitute you claim? The big seller for me, and I suspect many others, was hak-free stackable stat bonuses, not some dinky spell-like abilities that I can replicate with items at my leisure (and decided not to, cause they really are pretty dinky).

Funky

Last edited by FunkySwerve on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:23; edited 1 time in total
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2739

It also serves as a sort of handy reference since I left all the old Phoenix in there, commented out.

Funky
Aoshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:32    Post subject: Begging for assistance... Reply with quote

Hey,

Sorry to bother you but I've looked all through the weathersong forums, the nwn vault dar forum and through here and haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.. Crying or Very sad

Basically the nwnserver log is coming up with this error:

Connection Attempt made by rAdMaN6999 (FTMR7U9E)
[Wed Aug 10 16:01:28] rAdMaN6999 (FTMR7U9E) Joined as Player 1
FindSubrace() is loaded!
LowerCase Subrace Name: pixie
Searching structure number 0
Searching structure number 1
Searching structure number 2
[Wed Aug 10 16:01:48] rAdMaN6999 Left as a Player (0 players left)
OnSubraceLeave(Frin) is loaded!
BicFile Path: print q<!--Line 1, pos 8: Cannot evaluate named expression: No GFF loaded.--> + FindNewestBic q<
/MovementRate = 0;/Lootable = 1;/Tag = qq<print q<!--Line 1, pos 8: Cannot evaluate named expression: No GFF loaded.--> + FindNewestBic q<> unless /Tag;
<!--Line 1, pos 105: Nested names not allowed.-->

I have made sure that the path is correct, leto is installed as well as nwnx, recompiled the scripts after changes have been made etc etc.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am a complete n00b when it comes to letoscript.

-Aoshi-
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:23    Post subject: Re: Begging for assistance... Reply with quote

Aoshi wrote:
Hey,

BicFile Path: print q<!--Line 1, pos 8: Cannot evaluate named expression: No GFF loaded.--> + FindNewestBic q<
/MovementRate = 0;/Lootable = 1;/Tag = qq<print q<!--Line 1, pos 8: Cannot evaluate named expression: No GFF loaded.--> + FindNewestBic q<> unless /Tag;
<!--Line 1, pos 105: Nested names not allowed.-->

This looks like a Letoscript issue, based on the above snippet. Best to ask on weathersong:
http://weathersong.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/9616039431

One think does immediately occur to me - are you using letoscript 23 beta 5? Get it here:
http://weathersong.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9616039431/m/4671007272

Best,
Funky
Aoshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:38    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

It's still not working Confused but at least the log file is showing the correct address to edit the bic files. Wink

I'll try a few things but if I still can't get it working I'll ask weathersong.

Once again, thanks for the help (oh and for your efforts on DAR2).

-Aoshi-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: