logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I broke it. Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:39    Post subject: I broke it. Help? Reply with quote

Fedora Core 3
NWNDedicatedServer1.66.zip
linnwnx2-2.5.3-rc1.tar.gz
mysql-2.23.58-16.FC3.1

I was playing around with this setup earlier today and could read/write data to my database from multiple machines ( the other is a windows 2k3 box which is still functional ). I was trying to set up a mutant persistent storage system where most data would land in mysql and persisted items would be stored via the [Get|Set]Campaign... api. I was picking apart a translation problem ( aps converts single quotes to tildes, but the native db support doesn't like the tildes ), and out of the blue my linux system stopped working.

Now I get the following error every time I load *any* module with aps in it, even aps_demo.mod.

Code:
FAILED: NWNX!INIT has not been initialized.

After trying several 'clean' modules I gave up and created a new installation of the server: unpacked the dedicated server zip file, untarred the linux server, linked in the dummy libktrace lib, copied the nwnx*.so files, copied my nwnx2.ini file and the aps_demo.mod. Fired up the server and got the same message.

I tried rebuilding my nwnx*.so files with the same results.
I dropped all my tables and recreated them from the windows box using the aps_demo module, and have verified via mysql (from the linux box in question) that the tables were created and the test data did get written.
I tried adding "SetLocalString((GetModule()),"NWNX!INIT","1");" to my original module's on_load script, both with and without the call to SQLInit() disabled.
I even rebooted the linux box, just in case.

Any suggestions? Embarassed
Martel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed something in my earlier troubleshooting. I've added the "SetLocalString((GetModule()),"NWNX!INIT","1");" line back into another new module, and that seems to have done the trick.

Still I'm at a loss as to why I need that now but did not before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: