logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange problem with speech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Burton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 18:42    Post subject: Strange problem with speech Reply with quote

I have always used nwnx with my server (2 servers, one login area plus the main server on the same machine). Now i'd like to use speech plugin to emote purpose. I have tried it on my laptop and all goes well: the logging in the text file was ok.

I have moved all to the server, and I cannot see anything. All seems ok (well loaded, all files created, right interface) but nothing is logged in the speech txt file.

I have a Windows 2003 Server, with an external ADSL ethernet modem (I use a Ras PPPoE driver, found here: http://www.raspppoe.com/) (the interface 2) and an internal LAN (interface 1).

I have set speech to use interface 2 (the right one, linked with modem) but nothing is logged in the txt file but i can read that :

o Successfully open adapter Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet Adapter.
o Listening on Realtek RTL8139 Family Fast Ethernet Adapter...

Interface 2 have dinamic IP address, while interface 1 is fixed.

What can I do to resolve?

I have done one more test: choosing interface 1 (LAN) and with only login module, it works. In the same conditions, with also the main module (both 2 modules listening on interface 1) all works well.

It seems interface 2 can cause some problems... Pls, help me...
Alosynth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the module name (in the Module Properties window) the same as the modules file name? Thats one of the requirements for the speech dll to work and easiest to miss.
Jack Burton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried, but nothing new.
With interface 1 it works also with module name != file name.

I think that PPPoE packet in a different way datagrams so the speech plugin cannot recognize them. In my spare time I'll try to do a patch and if all works well Ill send it to you, just in case other people needs it.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 0:48    Post subject: which version Reply with quote

Which Speech dll are you using? The old nwnx one, or mine?

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_303b_win.rar

That's the current copy. I'll probably be updating it shortly... once I get some time to package it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jack Burton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using nwnx_speech_016_alpha found on this website...
I also tested the 1.0 version, always here.

I'll try that version... THX

P.S. I see on the list of that new version the Wan PPP/SLIP interface! Great Work, guy! I'll wait for the nwnx package. Thanks a lot for your works.

P.P.S. I am waiting for players to test on the field... Smile I'll tell you...
Jack Burton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested with Talus executable in cmd window, and all is OK!!!!!

Thank you again...
Anatida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began trying the ver 0.1.3 (stable) in the downloads section. And now I have tried the above link, I still can't get the speech mod to work.

At first I was getting an error: An error occured while loading extension speech (126: The specified module could not be found.)

Now the NWNx log says: * Plugin speech is loaded. But the nwnx_speech log says: - 01:14:48 Invalid Interface Chosen

I ran the Talus.exe in the command window it shows I have 2 interfaces (modem & NIC). The NIC is of course the one I connect to the internet with, but just in case I tried using both #1 & #2. Still receiving the same error.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

UPDATE: If I relaunch the mod using NWNx & have the Talus.exe running in the command window, then the logs say everything's working fine. I still don't get an actual output log though. I thought the purpose of the plugin was so you didn't have to run the Talus.exe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack Burton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version you downloaded above has to be used with talus.exe.

For the nwnx plugin version you have to wait for Lanthar repacking...
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:21    Post subject: New version of Talus Speech System Reply with quote

New version of Talus Speech System!

(note this includes a nwnx plugin dll that is far more advanced than the one on the nwnx downloads page... please use this instead as the one on the nwnx page is not really supported)

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_304b_win.rar

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MacLir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /downloads/lds_talus_speech_304b_win.rar on this server.

I think that's an oops... Wink
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:55    Post subject: Doh! Reply with quote

Try it now. I forgot to set the permissions. Further support of this topic should be done here :

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57&start=90

(trying to get this back into one thread only)

-Lanthar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: