logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i need help with setting up nwnx2 in my world

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DM_GoodTime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 22:02    Post subject: i need help with setting up nwnx2 in my world Reply with quote

i can not script so i need help i have take down my server cause i was up set about script not work i reall need help
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, according to your specific question, I am inclined to give you this advice:

Just do it like this (*snaps fingers and does the magic thing*) and everything will work.

If you need more info, you will need to give more Wink
DM_GoodTime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:28    Post subject: ty for anwsering my post Reply with quote

what im looking for is some that come and script for me im trying to set my world up with database for the different things i use the KPB banks and the Shayan's subrace engine they both use nwnx2 database also i use few thime that use time like my player guild system that give players gold and xp for owning areas but it stop workin dont know why i need alot of help i can explain better if u join my teamspeak server here link to download it http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php hit up on a messager ill give my help u join my ts server so we can talk
Acrodania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try inquiring with your player base as to whether anyone wishes to be a permanent scripter for you world. Or try on Bioware's forums with a request for a scripter.

What you are asking is major work, not something we can just walk you through in a couple of minutes. If you want to run a PW you need to either figure out how to script or find someone that does and is interested in joining your team; just fixing this problem will not help you next week when the next issue happens. Plus without direct access to the module, databases and machine it just gets that much harder. I don't want to sound rude or mean, but that is just how it is. Scripting takes time and dedication, repairing broken systems takes time and dedication, debugging those systems takes time and dedication.

Decent scripters that aren't involved in other projects and worlds are fairly rare; your best bet is to find one of your regular players that wants to help the world they play on get better and shows an interest in learning. If you have specific questions about specific scripts the Scripting forum on Bioware's site has plenty of people that are willing to help but your questions need to be specific. If you have specific questions about scripts with NWNX then the people here are perfectly willing to help, but again it needs to be specific questions about specific scripts; no one will write a system for you unless you are actively attempting to do it yourself and have gotten stuck.

We have too many of our own unfinished projects Sad
Primogenitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, good scripters tend to be of the more "experienced" breed of people, and IMHO find that when the "yoof" of today fail to use correct spelling, puntuation and grammer that are hard to understand. If you make it hard for potential scripters to even read your posts, you'll never get anywhere. YMMV of course Wink

e.g.

also good scripters tend to be of the more experienced breed of people and find that when the yoof of today fail to use correct spelling puntuation and grammer that are hard to understand if you make it hard for potential scripters to even read your posts youll never get anywhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: