logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running 2 modules at once

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 16:48    Post subject: Running 2 modules at once Reply with quote

I recently decided to host 2 modules - my server is top notch (2 3.0ghz processors, 2 15kRPM RAID 0 HDD, 2GB RAM, and so on) so bandwith seems to be the limiting factor (4mbs DSL+) . . . my question

How exactally would one set this up? I spoke with one person who ran 2 mods, but they shared the server vault - cant do that for sure . . .

Do I intall the game twice, and just use different ports?

I have not wanted to experiment, since players are on my server 24/7 sometimes 20 at a time . . .

A detailed post on how to do this would be -most- appreciated!
Mayhoof

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running 2 mod right now what I ended up doing was to reload the stand-alone under a different file name. That way it will still run on 5122 and 5121, but it contains its own server vault! This way once you have your new stand alone in another folder just do a quick shut down and restart for new location. You can also transfer your save and any server vault folders you want. That way they will not be starting from scratch.
Hope this helps

Mayhoof
Acrodania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 15:52    Post subject: Re: Running 2 modules at once Reply with quote

Dragonsbane777 wrote:
I recently decided to host 2 modules - my server is top notch (2 3.0ghz processors, 2 15kRPM RAID 0 HDD, 2GB RAM, and so on) so bandwith seems to be the limiting factor (4mbs DSL+) . . . my question

Bandwidth is by no means limiting in this case. 30 players at a time under NWN needs about 384KB; you have plenty Razz
Quote:

How exactally would one set this up? I spoke with one person who ran 2 mods, but they shared the server vault - cant do that for sure . . .

Do I intall the game twice, and just use different ports?

I have not wanted to experiment, since players are on my server 24/7 sometimes 20 at a time . . .

A detailed post on how to do this would be -most- appreciated!

1) Wait until your server is empty, copy the directory of the server to another directory (IE c:\neverwinternights\nwn to c:\neverwinternights\nwn2).
2)Change your game port in the INI file to use a different port.
3)Start the new server process by running NWServer.exe out of that directory.

If you wish to "share" vaults and such then you need to edit the INI files to re-direct one copy to use the other's directory. But since you don't wish to in your case its easier Smile

Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: