logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not showing up in the gamespy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brutal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 23:25    Post subject: Not showing up in the gamespy. Reply with quote

Thank you for this program!

We have been using this software on our server for ever. Unfortunatly I am neither the Host or ever had any knowledge of its proper useage. I do have direct control of the server and the database.

At the release of Biowares Infinate Dungeons, My server dropped from the main game channels. We are still showing in our communities favorites, history, or budies lists. There has been no hardware or anything changed in the Mod that would force this change. The only thing i can see is that the nwnx box is displaying our IP address as a 192.168.1.XXX . For as long as i remeber it should be the 68.x.x.x address.

I do not know where to look Embarassed or even what information to give out here to make my problem any more explainable. Any help would be great!
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody seems to have an idea, why don't you try a network sniffer (e.g. ethereal) and listen on the communication between your server and the master server. Maybe there is none at all ?
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 192.16.x.x means you are behind a firewall.

Check your firewall rules.
Brutal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dloaded the sniffer (ty for info), and I do have connection to the master server (as we can be seen in Favorites, History, and Buddies). I do fear that we have a firewall set up somewhere I can't reach Sad .

I have contaced our host to examine the router, and send me the router info.

Thank you all again! I will let you know how it turns out.
dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal wrote:
I have dloaded the sniffer (ty for info), and I do have connection to the master server (as we can be seen in Favorites, History, and Buddies). I do fear that we have a firewall set up somewhere I can't reach Sad .

Not sure if this will help or not, or if it's even still a issue with GS, but if I recall if you use DHCP on your router it will give you problems with GS.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirt wrote:
Brutal wrote:

Not sure if this will help or not, or if it's even still a issue with GS, but if I recall if you use DHCP on your router it will give you problems with GS.

Only if your IP changes while the server is running. A good 75% or greater worlds out there use dynamic addresses.

If that is the case shutting down the server for an hour or so and then starteing back up will clear the issue with GameSpy.

It could just be his ISP is stopping the connection.
Brutal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took down the server for 1 hour. Booted up again in the same state.

When the NWServer is displayed the top right corner displays the 192.x.x.3:5121 IP. 1st off may I ask is this # correct in any way. In my thinkin its an internal IP (for the network). 192.x.x.1 is the router. 192.x.x.3 is the IP displayed. Is there a file or place in the database that one can edit the displayed IP? For the fer members who still see us we are listed under 68.14.2.136:5121

dirt..

How/where do I check if the router is using DHCP, in the way you mentioned?
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal wrote:
Took down the server for 1 hour. Booted up again in the same state.

When the NWServer is displayed the top right corner displays the 192.xxx IP. 1st off may I ask is this # correct in any way. In my thinkin its an internal IP (for the network). 192.x.x.1 is the router. 192.x.x.3 is the IP displayed. Is there a file or place in the database that one can edit the displayed IP?

dirt..

How/where do I check if the router is using DHCP, in the way you mentioned?

The server will always show your actual IP address, this is normal.

Gamespy gets its information from where it sees the connection coming from, which is the outside address of your firewall. Your router's external address is given to you by your ISP. If they didn't specifically give you one you have a dynamic address.

If it still isn't showing up then something (your firewall, your ISP, the direction of the wind blowing) is stopping the information from getting to and from Gamespy.

What is your firewall? Is the first set of numbers on your external IP 192 or 10? And have you gone to www.portforward.com and verified its setup?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: