logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trying to install nwnx_odbc2 + MySQL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incubus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:49    Post subject: trying to install nwnx_odbc2 + MySQL Reply with quote

Sorry for being so ignorant

I downloaded the normal nwnx2. Database is still not working through my scripts so I downloaded nwnx_odbc2 and MySQL. I tried looking at the tutorial for putting them together with nwnx on nwnx.org but it made no sense to me. All I saw was <c:mysql e.t.c and click this, enter that, click this I had no idea where to start. If someone could help me install these two things so my Arena Mod can actually work well with the scripts i put into it I would *greatly* appreciate it.

Here or contact me through msn messenger
Bigwilly08@msn.com

Thanks so much
- incubus
incubus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured it out, not using MySQL, it was much easier with SQLite, and for the people who don't know a thing about this AT ALL i made some step by step solutions for you: very easy :

( You must download nwnx2 and nwnx_odbc2 to make this work )

OK, first copy the aps_demo.mod file to your \NeverwinterNights\nwn\modules directory

Second copy all the .dll files to the \NEverwinterNights\Nwn directory

Third, Copy all the .dll files and the .exe file from the nwnx2 zip file to your \NeverwinterNights\nwn directory

Now you make a copy of the file "NWNX.ini" from the nwnx2 zip file in the \NeverwinterNights\Nwn Directory

In the odbc zip is a file called nwnx_example.ini. You need to copy the lines out of it to the end of the \NeverwinterNights\nwn\NWNX.ini file

In that file you should set the module name to aps_demo and set the [ODBC2] settings for what ever database you want. In the case of sqlite the defaults are there just un-comment them

for your custom module you should do the following first before you change the aps_demo to your actual module name you want hosted:

Open your mod in the toolset. Import the aps2.erf file from the odbc zip file and re-compile that mod
Irritatus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:56    Post subject: where does the demo module exist again? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am on a fresh build on the pc, and trying to put back togther some stuff to work on a module. downloaded the latest greatest nwnx, wow has this tool matured, to all those that have contributed, THANKS, I konw nwn2 is on the horizon, but I want to play around with nwn1 until then....Very Happy

since this is a fresh start, I was hoping to just install mysql, and run the demo mod and let it set up the tables etc. for me. (I am just lazy, and cruched for "free" time these days).

If anyone can post a link, I would appreciate it.

Irritatus
Irritatus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:18    Post subject: never mind... Reply with quote

The demo mod is part of the odbc dll, last time I downloaded the nwnx tool, it was all in the "main" download.

I just never looked inside that zip file.

I am wearing my dunce cap for the next 2 hours.

feel free to slap me with wet fish during that time.

Irritatus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: