logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATTACH command
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create multiple tables within the SQLite database, you don't have to use just the pwdata table. Those tables can also be different formats if you use the sql direct commands instead of just Set/GetPersistent.

Still, joining multiple databases together DO have their potentials and the ability to support more than one database at a time has been requested a couple of times for NWNX itself. This would function as a work around Smile
Lady Abagail

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acrodania wrote:
You can create multiple tables within the SQLite database, you don't have to use just the pwdata table. Those tables can also be different formats if you use the sql direct commands instead of just Set/GetPersistent.

Still, joining multiple databases together DO have their potentials and the ability to support more than one database at a time has been requested a couple of times for NWNX itself. This would function as a work around Smile

A lot of persistent worlds wouldnt even need more then just the main db with one table, pwdata. Most admins arent likely to attempt to read the contents of the ODBC files anyway. Since added db support can be achieved via NWScript, NWNX probably wouldnt ever need to be enhanced that way. Im a firm believer in keeping the scripting confined to NWScript as much as possible for starters.

As for my PW build, Im likely to have many tables in addition to 'pwdata' in the main database. I probably wont have any data stored to the default table, but it will be there because;

• Other scripting systems, even ones that I wont be including in my final release will need that table in order to function.
  • Future scripting systems will probably use it as well.
  • My PW base module will need it to be adaptable to new custom content.

Very Happy
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenkawa wrote:
At least on our server the performance of auto committing every query has not even been noticeable due to the fact that the nwserver process itself I think is slower and serial in nature.

just fyi: I doubt I would have noticed this fact on a life server, but my performance tests clearly showed the difference (cf. odbc2 docs). Of course, in a real world scenario, there is not as much writing going on as in the performance test, so the difference might be negligible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: