logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project will use nwnx4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
red_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 20:15    Post subject: Project will use nwnx4 Reply with quote

Firstly, sorry for my English, but I'm French.

Hi have a project for nwn2, and this one needs (i think) nwnx4.
I will make mini mods hosted by a player for maximum 11 others players.
The module is launch and a first area correspond to "waiting for others players". So others players can join the game.
The hoster can decide at any moment to really start the "mini-mod" (talking with a NPC). After this, no players can join the game.

The main idea is to provide a software able to reference all the Mini Mod joinable.
So I will host a Mysql server, only one, which is informed when a mini-mod is hosted, when a mini-mod is no available (game started) and when a mini-mod is halted.

To summarize :
A person download the software and install it
He runs the software
A list of joinable games appear (Type/Players_number/comments/...)
He can join one game OR he can host a new one*

*If he want to host a new one, he choose a type, options and he can write a comment
The system control the version of the game type choosen
If the version is not up to date (or if he hasn't ever download this game) the game (.mod) is download
And finally nwn2 is launch and the mod is hosted (as player)
So information are written to DB, and the list in the software are modified after a refresh...

If I post in this forum, is to show one particular application of Database with nwn2. To have advices on feasability of this project. To present our project of mini-mods. And to say that you have made a great contribution with nwnx2 and I hope to see a similar success with nwnx4.

PS : Project WebSite : http://nwn2eon.objectis.net/welcome-on-red-dragon-web-site?set_language=en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: