logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMTools Updated to V1.4!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:16    Post subject: SIMTools Updated to V1.4! Reply with quote

SIMTools, or Speech Integration and Management Tools, has been updated to version 1.4. Many features were added, and a new version of the nwnx_chat plugin is included that resolves a serious crash issue with previous versions. If you are not familiar with SIMTools, it is a scriptset designed to give DMs unprecedented control over their PWs, even when logged in as players, and to enhance play with features like languages, chat commands, and emotes. Feature list follows, along with the update notes:

SIMTools Speech Integration and Management Tools is a set of scripting routines that allow dms unprecedented control over their modules, and give players convenient access to an array of commands simply by typing them in. I requires NWNX to be installed and running in order to use it. Detailed instructions and the necessary program files are included in the self-extracting executable to the right. The scriptset makes use of the amazing new NWNX plugin, nwnx_chat, by Dumbo. Essentially, that plugin adds a new event, OnSpeech, which you can use to hook any script off of any player, DM, or ever server speech event. You can also use it to SUPPRESS that speech, making possible a variety of tools long desired by the community, like the ability to stop spam, add language filters, prevent dead players from talking, and so on. I've arranged a large number of different options in as streamlined and efficient a way as I could, almost of which can be toggled on or off.

Feature List:
o Supports both NWNX and Bioware standard databases.
o Can log all chat on the server at the user's option.
o Can reset the server via chat command. Unlike calling StartNewModule, the reset plugin stops the nwserver process, clearing the memory to eliminate lag buildup.
o Has a built-in spamblocker.
o Has 2 classes of power, DM and aministrator, with configurable powers, designated by cd key.
o DMs and admins can view all tells on the server at the user's option, when logged in as player and/or dungeon master.
o DMs and admins can view all dm channel messages on the server at the user's option, when logged in as a player.
o Has 54 languages. Characters many speak the languages, either as one-liners, if the have the needed class, race, or subrace. Listeners receive an optional Lore check to understand even if they don't speak the language, and another (much lower) to at least recognize what languages is being spoken.
o Has metachannels. Metachannels are added chat channels. They are very similar to the party channel, in that players control who is in their metachannel via invites. They may invite whomever they like, however, and are not limited to the members of their party. There is no set number of metachannels; rather, a metachannel is created whenever a player wants. The first invite sent out determines who the 'leader' of the metachannel is. When that invite is accepted, the inviter becomes the leader of a new metachannel. From that point on, any messages that any member types that begin with '/m' will be sent to every member of the metachannel, via the combat log. Metachannels will be logged with other text if you enable text logging. If you are uncertain what use these channels could be put to, the whole reason that I implemented them at all was for guild use on my PW, but I'm certain they will find other uses.
o One, some, or all channels may be disabled when players are dead, at the users option.
o One, some, or all channels may be disabled permanently, at the users option.
o Players and dms have acces to a large number of emotes and commands.

Updated 8/21/06
V1.4
-Added dozens of emotes, based on dmfi emotes, with two-letter shortcuts for most.
-Modified emote handling so that other messages beginning with the emote symbol would not show as invalid emotes, unless they were in shout channel. This will allow people to use the * prefix for emote commands an still allow normal use of *-prefixed emote sentences, which seemed like a more natural setup than forcing a different emote symbol.
-Added a silent lore check option for language recognition and comprehension checks, included in a modified GetIsSkillSuccessful function because GISS was bugged in 1.67 Linux.
-Added a switch in the nwnx_ini file to allow processing of npc messages, which allows dms possessing npcs to have their speech processed. Credit to dumbo and virusman for the added functionality! The switch is off by default. To turn it on, just remove the ; from before the ;processnpc=1 line to uncomment it and have SIMTools process NPC speech, and then save.
-Added an escape string option. Adding it to the beginning of the string in a SpeakString call will prevent the speaker from translating the string if they are in 'speak another language' mode. It's useful for text you don't ever want to be translated, like loot notification messsages. You can set it to whatever string you want, of whatever length, so long as it does not begin with your command symbol (default is !), your emote symbol (default is *), or the forward slash channel designator (/). It should only be used for TALKVOLUME_TALK SpeakStrings, as they are the only volume subject to translation.
-Added the nwnx reset plugin and a dm command to reset the server from ingame, dm_reset. Unlike calling StartNewModule, the reset plugin stops the nwserver process, clearing the memory to eliminate lag buildup.
-Added !d4 and !d10 commands to complete the dice set.
-Updated the playerinfo command to provide more information.
-Added the anon command to hide some of the information given by the playerinfo command, and the unanon command to remove anonymous status.
-Corrected the description of the metakick command.
-Added dm commands to award and remove experience and levels: dm_givexp, dm_givelevel, dm_takexp, and dm_takelevel.
-Minor bugfix to allow subraces to give characters multiple languages.
-Moved all the english-languages strings in the scriptset to a const file, to aid translation to other languages.

Download it here.

Funky
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Funky!!!
Rami_Ahmed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Added a switch in the nwnx_ini file to allow processing of npc messages, which allows dms possessing npcs to have their speech processed. Credit to dumbo and virusman for the added functionality! The switch is off by default. To turn it on, just remove the ; from before the ;processnpc=1 line to uncomment it and have SIMTools process NPC speech, and then save.

I have a qustion about this one.
Are you saying that NPC text (tells for example) are sent to DMs and log? Or are you saying that DMs in NPCs can see player tells?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that a DM possessing an NPC will have their text processed, indluding logging if you activate it. It allows dms, for instance, to type *puke and have the npc puke, instead of speaking '*puke'. Before, SIMTools simply couldnt access the speecch of dm-possessed critters.
Funky
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give a more complete answer, it also means that I'll be able to have monsters and npcs shout, ot discourse, in their native tongue. With a little tweaking I espect entire convos could be done that only speakers of the languages could access or respond to. Very Happy
Funky
Rami_Ahmed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay... but does that also mean that DMs possesing NPCs can read player tells? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. Guessing not, but I dont have tell viewing enabled on my server.
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rami_Ahmed wrote:
Ah okay... but does that also mean that DMs possesing NPCs can read player tells? Question
It depends on scripts.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, sorry, my answer wasn't very complete. I talk about this on the SIMTools page, but I shouldn't assume that you've read it. Razz The reason SIMTools didn't support dms possessing creatures is that it takes some finagling to locate DMs while possessing NPCs, and while there are several ways to do it, none of them fit neatly within the system in a non-resource-intensive way, at least that I could think of. I may experiement with it further, perhaps trying to use local objects on the module to track dms when the possess a critter. I'm much more interested in continuing development of SIMTools now thatI can use it on my servers. Very Happy
Funky
Rami_Ahmed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay. I just thought that since SIMTools now work with processing NPC text (as I understand it) it might've worked with DMs possesing.. but guess not then. Hoki-doki.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: