logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talus Speech

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zunath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:28    Post subject: Talus Speech Reply with quote

I was curious if Talus Speech worked with SQLite or if it only worked with MySQL?

I'm trying to set it up using SQLite but I get an error stating the database could not be found.

Thanks for any help!
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are checking out Talus, you may want to look into nwnx_chat by dumbo. It adds some nice new functionality, and I wrote a scriptset to take advantage of them:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2993

Funky
Zunath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That is way better than Talus! It was so simple to set up too! Thanks so much!
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:36    Post subject: Ouch. Reply with quote

Is there demand for TSS updates still then? Took a bit of a break to rebuild my RL...

More importantly is someone going to convert nwnx_chat over to nwnx4?

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dguntner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that the description for this looks interesting! Does this new plugin work with the Linux version of NWNX?

For that matter, does this NWNX4 that Lanthar mentions work under Linux (has it been ported)?

--Dave
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does. The most current version of nwnx_chat is available on page three of this thread:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

dguntner wrote:
For that matter, does this NWNX4 that Lanthar mentions work under Linux (has it been ported)?
There is no Dedicated Linux Server for NWN2. Read "NWNX4 development" forum for more info.
This is one of the reasons why I'm not going to move to NWN2 yet.
dguntner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
dguntner wrote:
There is no Dedicated Linux Server for NWN2. Read "NWNX4 development" forum for more info.
This is one of the reasons why I'm not going to move to NWN2 yet.

Ah, ok. Didn't realize NWNX4 was for NWN2. Smile

And I agree; I have no plans to run NWN2, since they have no Linux client or at the very least, server support for it.

--Dave
dguntner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
It does. The most current version of nwnx_chat is available on page three of this thread:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Funky

Excellent! Thanks for that information. I'm glad (from glancing over the thread) to see that short message problem you mentioned there is fixed.

Ok, I'm a bit confused now, though. The link that points to SIMTools 2.0 at the Vault which contains a readme that sounds suspiciously like it's all Windows (wants .dll files in place and so on. The .zip file you can download doesn't have any .dll files in it that I can see, but neither does it contain any Linux .so libraries. So what am I getting wrong here?

On an unrelated note, I noticed a bit further on in that thread, a reference to an ODBC2 plugin. So, does this mean that there's a port of the DB plugin to Linux which will now allow for storing of actual object data in a MySQL blob? (/Me holds breath hoping that the answer is "yes....")

Smile

--Dave
virusman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

dguntner wrote:
FunkySwerve wrote:
Funky

Excellent! Thanks for that information. I'm glad (from glancing over the thread) to see that short message problem you mentioned there is fixed.

Ok, I'm a bit confused now, though. The link that points to SIMTools 2.0 at the Vault which contains a readme that sounds suspiciously like it's all Windows (wants .dll files in place and so on. The .zip file you can download doesn't have any .dll files in it that I can see, but neither does it contain any Linux .so libraries. So what am I getting wrong here?

On an unrelated note, I noticed a bit further on in that thread, a reference to an ODBC2 plugin. So, does this mean that there's a port of the DB plugin to Linux which will now allow for storing of actual object data in a MySQL blob? (/Me holds breath hoping that the answer is "yes....")

Smile

--Dave
You should read the Linux forum more carefully.
Especially these topics:
"Linux nwnx-plugins/ports by dumbo:ODBC2, ResMan, Chat plugin"
"nwnx_functions + Get/SetDescription"
"nwnx_profiler for linux"
"nwnx_resetplugin for linux"
There are more plugins for Linux than for Windows now. Smile
dguntner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I guess I'll go off and look for those now. Smile

--Dave
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The install directions on the Vault are indeeed all for Windows. I assumed that anyone using Linux would be able to handle the install on their own.
Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: