logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX4 and an external MYSQL, as well as customizing tables

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Der Phobos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 19:57    Post subject: NWNX4 and an external MYSQL, as well as customizing tables Reply with quote

First off I want to thank you for this, especialy after seeing obsidian's lacking ability to provide something like this.

I'm wondering if its possible to connect to an external mysql db, I have my server running on a 3.0 2gig ht machine and have the sql server running on dual 450s. I would like to connect to it, is it possible to do this? Also is it possible to customise the login and table configureation that nwnx4 writes too? I want to change around the row configuration to more cater my server.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's entirely possible.

Of course, the MySQL plugin still has to be done Smile
Der Phobos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I'll continue sitting on my thumbs, but where might I find the table creation so I can change around what rows it implements into the sqlite.db?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the demo module will create tables, and that is not done yet.

You can use any table structure you like, why do you want to change the existing (and really simple) pwdata table ? Just create your own tables and write the corresponding SQL statements to work with the data.
Der Phobos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the base string is ok, however makes a few too many rows for my taste. What I'm implementing will be a single row per char with diffrent rows per varable, such as keeping everything thats currently in the string but breaking down the svar to seproate into a string for location and a intiger for completed quest as well as for waypoints, but rather than writing 3 lines, I'm planing on writing 1, to save seek times and redundant data.
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to Papillion's point -- you can do that by implementing new tables and custom queries, instead of worrying about changing pwdata and the built-in support for it.
Der Phobos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the sql querries are writen right now, its updating a single row per varable registering the user name and id. There is no current built in script to run it and I was only wondering if there was or if I would have to create an ingame activated function to run said script.
Der Phobos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, is there somewhere I can get the resources I would need to set up a mySQL plugin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: