logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMTools causing crashes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 13:30    Post subject: SIMTools causing crashes? Reply with quote

I am getting a new fault error in windows saying a C++ runtime error has occurred, causing nwserver to crash. The fault says "floating point not loaded"

Anyone here know what this means?

If it matters, the crashes started about 18 hours after loading up the mod with SIMTools in it, and I would really like to be able to keep this system on the mod, but I can roll it back if I need.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't SIMTools, or at least it is not the direct cause. If you are using an older version of nwnx_chat it had a crash bug that caused it to down the server whenever a certain string was typed in chat, but if you used the one off the SIMTools page you should be fine. Higher Ground has been running it on all five servers since the fixed version of chat was released without any stability issues. It IS possible that a conflict with another script and SIMTools is downing the server - there was one report of that on the SIMTools page that was quickly resolved.
Funky
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the SIMTools erf from the vault. Is that the most updated version?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. When did you download it?
Funky
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago. I checked it again and it seems pretty updated. There is an update to the scripts, I see, but the version of chat there hasn't changed since Sept.
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at the scripts, and I can't see where they are colliding, except maybe in the listener scripting itself. I have changed a few settings on another script on the mod and am hoping that it stops the problem. Course, I wont know until it doesnt crash
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want me to take a look for you you can send me your mod at funky@higherground2.org. Are you running Windows then, I take it? HG runs on nix, so there may be differences in the plugins. I've never had issues in Win on my test server tho.

Funky
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme see if the change I made on the server box helps. I found some mention of this error on the windows knowledge base and tweaked things according to their suggestions. If it crashes again, then I start worrying Confused
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinned down the culprit after some debugging on the server box. The problem was in my un-updated OS. I turned off automatic updates for a time to allow the server to happily crank along, and forgot to do the updates manually thereafter, missing an update that was indeed critical to using a database such as sqlite. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: