logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNx cant restart windows in some cases..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 17:00    Post subject: NWNx cant restart windows in some cases.. Reply with quote

OK, what I mean is that when the server app crashes, NWNx is unable to restart the server executable until I actually click "ok" in the dialog box that pops up. This seems to totally defeat the watchdog aspect of NWNx. Yes, it is still nice that you can reset the server in the DM client, or in the PC client when using SIMTools, but I cannot go away from home for a week and leave the server running because invariably, the moment I leave, some error occurs and the server app crashes and won't restart until I click that "ok" box.

Is there a way to shut this notification down?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of searching might have revealed the following thread (among others):

http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36&highlight=watson
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search functions dont seem to work for me on this forum, perhaps because I am using the wrong browser...but still, always end up with empty searches.

Thanks for the info. I will try that and see if it helps.
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the Dr. Watson fix didnt work for me, because the problem wasnt error reporting, but the OS beleiving it needed to report all errors to the user, in this case..me.

This is a system setting, called by a registry entry. Setting the error mode to 2 should fix this problem, as this mode enables logging of the error and the closing of the error popup. My system was set to error mode 0, which caused the system to pop up the hard error window until I came along to actually click "ok" and close it. I changed that, so now it is in error mode 2, and hopefully it will allow NWNx to do its job now and restart the server when a crash actually happens.

Hopefully, this will help someone else someday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: