logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will nwnx4 help with these things?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldevileyez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Will nwnx4 help with these things? Reply with quote

I have not actually downloaded nwnx4 yet. I have a lot of things that I am working on right now. I like to focus on one or two things at a time. So this is more of a pre-emptive question as these are things that are going to still be put off for a while even if the answers are what I want to hear.

I did a bit of searching before posting this and I looked through some of the hits off the forums and I can assume the answers to a few of these but I wanted more insurance rather than an assumption. So to get to the point the things that I would like to do are...

1) Log all of the local vars of the PC on log out and reaply them all durring long on. This would allow people that are set currently to dead be revived while they are off line and then come back as being alive. This would also let me hold thier location through reboots or crashed...This is one of the things that I think it is pretty safe to assume that yes this will work.

2) Set up persistant shops. I want to keep log of what the players buy and sell and the amount of gold that a shop has. This way if the shop runs out of gold they can no longer buy from the PC untill something is sold, and conversly if everything sells out than the shop just has a bunch of gold to buy things but nothing to sell. And again I would like to keep all of this through crashes and reboots...This one I am unsure of because I am unsure of NwN2 ability to create shops on the fly like this would need. I would have to look into the calls a bit more.

3) Lastly I want to set up database tables outside of the server using mySQL that would hold crafting recipies. I would then like different placables in game to do queries on these tables to validate if they have all the components they need to make an item...This would most likely run through some conversation scripts as well and I don't see real problems arising here, is this correct?
dirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is to all of these I believe is yes, but it will require some scripting & tables to be setup.

I can say for #1 & #3, it a definite, as I have both player tracking(ie remember death state, hp, xp, persistent locations, etc) setup on my testing server now and I have used tables in my DB in NWN1 for CNR components & recipes. On, #2 I would say yes also, I never did used it for shops, but I did use NWNX to store items in persistent chests.

As I said, NWNX4 is more or less just the bridge between your mod & the DB, you still need to add the scripts & tables to make it happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: