logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm a bonehead, please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:41    Post subject: I'm a bonehead, please help Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying that I am a complete bonehead when it comes to SQL.

That being said. I run, The Adventurer's Domain for Roleplaying. On W2003 if that matters at all.

We use local variables for persistance, but I have been trying to find a DB that I could use for my own needs. We use NWNX2 to reload the module, so all the necessary DB scritps *should* be in the mod already.

What I need is basically DB that would allow for persistant storage in player homes (25 item container, or 25 page container, either way). As well as a DB (hopefully the same one that would track ATS points for the players (so I can get away from ATS Tokens).

If anyone has something along these lines could you please let me know. If anyone is interested in helping me that is.

Thanks
NoMercy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The APS ERF will contain the basic functions you need to issue nwscript calls to store data in a MySQL or MS Access database, the included test module creates a database though you need to edit the scripts to create a MySQL one as it defaults to Access.

ATS Salandra did a lot of work on this, I believe it supports NWNX/APS to save things instead of tokens available on the vault at the link below, but I'm not sure how well it migrates from tokens: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/scripts/data/1074016469703.shtml

Object storage, there's mabie a few old style scripts desiged for NWNX on the vault which re-create items from the template, but the latest beta version of the database driver supports saving objects which you might want to take a look at. Download links and docs are all up on the site, (though I'd wait till object storage is marked stable not beta before using it on a live server).
Makzimia De Graf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, our version of ATS certainly does support NWNX and APS. The only thing I would warn you of, and it was an oversight that I apologise for, our aps_include was modified to make use of anything other than pwdata, seperate tables and more column flexibilities. I would suggest *IF* you are using anything else ie: HCR etc that requires pwdata, you either a: rename our aps_include to something else and call it's changed name where needed, or, conversely, which in some ways would be better, changed the other stuff to use better table calls. Just my opinion of course, and as always I defer this opinion to others much smarter than me in these things. Note the fixes in the thread on our version of ATS also, the tables needed are included in the archive also.

Makz.

DM/Creator Island of Fredian
fredian.game-host.org:5123
Forums at http://castille.us/fredian/Forums
Rat Bastard!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the problem Makzimia De Graf referred to: I simply kept the aps_include they provided and put the original NWNX version in as aps_include2. Works great. From there though, it shouldn't be that hard to get what you want. There are a variety of scripts, including the container scripts that come with NWNX, that should be able to point you in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: