logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple PW's running on one PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shargast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 19:26    Post subject: Multiple PW's running on one PC Reply with quote

Hello there y'all!

I know that this question has been answered somewhere in the forums and I've just spent an hour reading interesting posts from near geniuses, but I haven't found the answer that I was looking for!

Sound familiar? Well we all seek answers in life and sometimes we find what we need! The sticking point is that you can't give up! Well if you're still reading my monologue here is my question in detail Smile

I have 2 PW's that I want to run on the same PC with separate server vaults.

I have NWNx2 installed and I also have a static (1) ip address.

I would prefer that NWNx2 starts both in sequence (not necessary though - 2 dbl. clicks can do the job just as well!)

Is this possible?

Best
Shargast aka Sai Question
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect iit isn't, though someone more qualified to answer that probably should. I also suspect, however, that you don't really want that - when one mod crashed, both would load? Ick.
Funky
Senalaya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible with one exception: You also need 2 seperate NWNX2 setups.

- Unpack the dedicated server
- copy the content to 2 seperate folders like \instance1 and \instance2
- copy the NWNX2 files into each of those directores.
- make sure, that you assigned different port numbers to each instance (i.e. 5121 and 5122)
- if you use a router handling the static IP address, configure both ports for forwarding.
- if you have multilple CPUs/cores or hyperthreading, make sure to pass the commandline parameter -cpu 0 for the first instance and -cpu 1 for the other.
- you can share one and the same database for both (except with SQLLite), alternatively, create 2 seperate databases and configure the nwnx.ini accordingly.

I have hosted up to 4 NWN1 modules concurrently on one single computer in the past (2 CPU + Hyperthreading) and currently host 2 NWN1 and 2 NWN2 instances on a 2 dualcore server without any trouble.
Shargast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 13:20    Post subject: Apreciate the help Reply with quote

Thanks! I was thinking in that direction and I greatly appreciate your clear and concise step by step approach!

Best
Sai
Zebranky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public release of Vaultster will only allow one instance per system, meaning portals can only happen on one of your instances. I have a version that fixes that, as well as several other potential quirks/bugs. I'll see about releasing it soon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: