logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Server CP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvgeniy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:20    Post subject: Windows Server CP? Reply with quote

I'm completely new to this and the Wiki didn't really seem to help in this aspect, but I do have a question about NWNX's capability as far as a control panel goes. Maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly, but is it possible to setup a server control panel on Windows that would be accessible to those that know the login information via the web for instance?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8499/webusercpzi0.jpg

This is a server running on a Linux machine that has a web control panel available for it into which I can login by simply typing in a certain URL and entering a certain username and password. Once I'm in I have a list of admin capabilities that I can execute via the Command box (and the command list is available through the command list link). The commands available are as follows:

status
clientinfo <player>
kick <player>
listbans
banip <ip address>
bankey <key>
banname <player name>
unbanip <ip address>
unbankey <key>
unbanname <player name>
save <slot#> <name>
forcesave <slot#> <name>
saveandexit <slot#> <name>
module <module name>
load <slot#>
say <message>
maxclients <number of clients>
minlevel <minumum level>
maxlevel <maximum level>
pauseandplay <0/1>
elc <0/1>
ilr <0/1>
oneparty <0/1>
difficulty <level>
autosaveinterval <time>
playerpassword <password>
dmpassword <password>
adminpassword <password>
servername <name>
help

As far as I recall this was a client released by BioWare a long time ago for Linux (I don't really remember anymore to be honest, so don't quote me on that), and this is the features that came with it. On top of that, and this is definitely an extra feature, but adding "/logs" to the main URL also gave me access to the server logs. Quite a handy feature I must say.

Anyway, so being a complete moron and not knowing anything here, would I be able to setup something of the sort on Windows? And if so, how would I go about doing it?
xaltos

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is a clear NO. ( at least I don't know a way)

The above description is of the Linux version of the program nwserver.exe.
The windows version of this program has some but not all of the features.
And the windows version works only with a GUI.

So if you want to setup something similar with a windows server is a way to do this:
1. Access to the desktop of your server with a tool like RDP.
( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Win2KTS/evaluate/featfunc/rdpfperf.mspx )

2. Now can you access the desktop of your server and can setup a NWN2 server similar to a local one.

This means all that knows the login can access the server via Internet.
and can maintain it.
( Restarting NWN server software, have a look into the server logs, ... )

NWN2_Audolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: