logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Monitor - Back Up Server startup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 13:32    Post subject: Server Monitor - Back Up Server startup Reply with quote

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to NWNX4 that allows you to watch a server process ON ANOTHER SERVER via Gamespy or port sockets, and if that server is unresponsive for a certain time period have NWNX4 start up NWServer on the back up server. Optionallly, this could also bring up the backup server should the primary server be at near/full capacity

I have 2 servers but don't want them both up all the time. I only want the back up server running if the primary server is crashed and unreachable remotely or when we are running at near full capacity like during weekend peak hours. I'm just looking for a way to accomplish this using NWNX4.

I guess I could do it all external to NWNX4 and just write a program that starts the NWNX4 service on the second machine. It just seems cleaner to have NWNX4 already running but without the module loaded until the conditions are meet that require starting up.

Is there a way from in the module to tell NWNX4 to stop running? It would be nice to be able to shut down the server and NWNX4 from in game.

Sorry for the ramblings...just a lot of wishful thinking that I hope inspires someone else I guess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: