logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idea for Set2da (nwnx_functions thx virusman)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:31    Post subject: Idea for Set2da (nwnx_functions thx virusman) Reply with quote

Well, once I have experimented, I found out that when we change position ion classes.2da between barbar and bard then when leveling up in barbar, there will show spells GUI. To take spells there is need to copy SpellGainTable and SpellKnownTable columns from bard row. And here we are, barbar gets new spells like bard and he can cast them. (still need charisma for taking spells)

Well, Players Resource Consortium (PRC) allows prestige classes giving arcane spellcaster level get new spells for bard/sorc too. But game don't.

So that was only one way to gain new spells for bard/sorc, leto-change in bic didn't change it. But once there was virusman and he did Set2da function. So teoretically it would be possible to involve system, which gave player leveling in Pale Master with bard new bard spells. (Teoretically becose i don't have linux Sad )

OK, so to work, this system must contain:

New plugin, which find out OnPlayerLevelingUpStartLeveling and OnPlayerLevelingUpCancelLeveling events and allow Block and unblock leveling-up GUI.

Then there must be dialog, which set up how class switch place with another class. (so when PC want it and he is bard/sorc, he choose "I want to level up in Pale Master class.")
then...

OnPlayerLevelingUpStartLeveling event
1) blockleveling-up for anybody else in game
2) change by Set2da chosen class to his class which should gain new spells and change columns SpellGainTable and SpellKnownTable to properly value
3) start pseudo-hb which cancel (by BootPC) PC's leveling progress when he is too slow (eg. 3minutes) - this pseudohb ends when OnPlayerLevelingUp or OnPlayerLevelingUpCancelLeveling sets variable

OnPlayerLevelingUp or OnPlayerLevelingUpCancelLeveling event
1) unblockleveling-up for everybody
2) return changes
3) sets variable to stop pseudo-hb

and why I wrote it? I think it could work and somebody could get it work becose I can't, my knowledges aren't such level like somebody's here:D

uff, exhausting, hope my english is not too bad and you understand it

And one more thing, i involved Get(Exiting/Entering)PlayerLastLocation working in OnClientExit event (exiting version) but need letoscript and leto to add to all location onenter script saving local variable of last visit area. If anyone interest i put it here or vault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: