logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMTools 3.1 Released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 23:47    Post subject: SIMTools 3.1 Released Reply with quote

SIMTools Speech Integration and Management tools is a set of scripting routines that allow dms unprecedented control over their modules, and give players convenient access to an array of commands simply by typing them in. It requires NWNX to be installed and running in order to use it. The scriptset makes use of the amazing NWNX plugin, nwnx_chat, by Dumbo, and the linux version by virusman. Essentially, that plugin adds a new event, OnSpeech, which you can use to hook any script off of any player, DM, or even server speech event. You can also use it to SUPPRESS that speech, making possible a variety of tools long desired by the community, like the ability to stop spam, add language filters, prevent dead players from talking, and so on.

Version 3.1 contains minor bugfixes from 3.0. An erf is available so that you do not have to redownload the full version.

V3.1
-Fixed a bug causing area targetable commands to remprompt targeting after the command targeter was used.
-Fixed a bug preventing the command targeter from being used to confirm delete commands.

You can download it here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2993&comment_page=5

The files are current on the page but the text will be bugged until it updates later.

Funky
bijwi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 23:31    Post subject: less filling, tastes great Reply with quote

Is there a really simple version of this code you could provide? I don't want database support, spam blockers, language support, multiple channels, DMFI stuff or anything else. I just want a way to intercept chat messages with a special starting character, and be able to fire a script from that.

I had a look through the code, but it looks like it would take me a long time to strip it all down.

I guess what I need is some documentation or something about the nwnx_chat dll?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need is the chat plugin and the chat script. You can specify your own, but SIMTools uses fky_chat. You should be able to just pare that down and use it. Otherwise, the plugin comes with basic documentation.
Funky
The Incredible Hulk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just installed this, and its working like a charm.
You are referring to a script called fky_chat_notbs in your documentation, but this script doesn't exist. This caused a lot of confusion for me (even though you wrote to use x2_mod_def_act).

One thing I am wondering. I am using NWNX and it cycles the server logs. Somehow the chat-log is not cycled, but still gets deleted when the other logs are moved.

I would want to keep all logs on the server for reference.
Is this possible with the chat-module and even in NWNX?

@bijwi: You can turn most of these features off in the config.

Thanks!
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the linux versoin or the windows version? I might've omitted it from the lin version deliberately, but it should be in the win version. Remember, the readme is for the win version only.

As far as the log, that's a question that virusman could better answer than I, but you can send them to the normal nwserverLog, with a prefix for easy searching, if you need to.
Funky
The Incredible Hulk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

1# I'm using the windows version. Should the script have been in the package that is imported into the module?

2# I found another Topic with the log issues, I will keep an eye on that one.

-Thanks
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the script should've been in there. I'll download everything and make sure it is, thanks.
Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: