logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNx2 Chat plugin question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 23:06    Post subject: NWNx2 Chat plugin question Reply with quote

I'm currently rewriting the PP event for a PW I'm hosting, and I'm running into a problem. When the thief actually succeeds in stealing something from a PC without being seen I'm trying to stop the message "Item Lost: Blah Blah" from being sent to the victim..

So, my question is this: Can the Chat plugin actually stop this message? I've tried displaying all messages sent via the 'server' script, and the 'pc/npc chat' script, but I can't seem to suppress this message no matter what I do. So, as a last ditch effort I'm asking you guys.

Is it even possible?
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the message "Item Lost: ..." doesn't appear when a thief was successful.
Zaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but it does since I bypass the default PP event with the Events plugin, and am writing my own.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zaith, im working on it too!

Anyway I used nwnx_event plugin for block standart skill completely (ClearAllActions if event pickpocket starts (i hope that lags cannot break it)) But this is not biggest problem for me. And i think that is possible to bypass with invisible bag in player inventory and then not destroy item but move there instead.

Well, I cant figure out how to make to player run to victim and when he'll stop start steal. Heartbeat with check if pc is still under follow actions is not possible, becose pc can cancel it. And i fail with function GetIsNear too, becose there are various values for various models... Sad
Zaith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I haven't written any real code for the event yet, but I'm planning on using ActionMoveToObject(oVictim, TRUE, 0.0f) since the PC will continue to move towards the victim even if the victim keeps walking/running. Then I'll probably just check every second or so to see if they are within 'reach' of the victim, if so.. do the PP.

I'm not sure if lag will make it possible to get around your ClearAllActions, but if you are using Linux to host the server I posted how I made the BypassEvent() work with Pickpocket here.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, but there is problem with that reach, anyway if you figure it tell me how exactly. It would like new events OnPickpocketStarted a OnAttackStarted (this could solve also feats like SmiteEvil) to clean resolve this problem. This events are rather OnIntendToAttack/PickPocket but great stuff anyway.
Zaith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if I can stop that message with any NWNX plugins currently available?
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. SendMessageByStrRef is not hooked in any plugin yet.
Zaith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to give you my first born if this could be added please Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: